Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New MIM 'Player' series...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by AndrewG, Jun 13, 2018.

1. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 24, 2012
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Its only available for 2018? Damnit, looks like I'm going to have to get it

Although I'm liking that new "Sonic Red" tele A LOT

johio likes this.

2. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I see Fender's still playing the color game, with some colors only with a maple neck, and some colors only with PF on the Strats and Teles. Boring colors too, no CAR, LPB, Surf green, Sonic or Daphne blue, Fiesta red, Sherwood green, Burgundy Mist, Midnight wine. But what they used to call LPB (which was way too light) they now call Tidepool.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.

3. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    i kind of agree and totally miss Car Mn which is my favourite. I ve made a thread about colours and 2018 line up.Poll shows that some colours are much more important than other colours. I love new Tidepool, such a deep sea blue. Marketing did good thing expect removeing car mn.

4. beninma

beninma Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I thought that might be the case.

I'm not sure I've even ever fretted the 21st fret on my MIM.

These threads are always interesting cause there are always plenty of us posting who already have the guitar that is 95% identical to the new one. There's probably almost nothing Fender could put out that would actually make me "replace" my MIM Std. (2016) with something that was similar but marketed as an improvement.

These new ones are an improvement over mine if I was starting over and had the choice of one or the other. But I already went and put in Alnico 5 pickups in mine and all that so the differences are reduced almost to nothing. I swapped in Lollar pickups, put in a treble bleed, and redid the wiring/pots/switch. Everything on mine works exactly the way I like now. Super responsive & useful behavior out of the volume & tone knobs, etc..

Even if it was something like a changed wiring (4/5 way, etc..) still easier for me to just make that mod on mine.

The thing that would give me GAS would be to suddenly decide I wanted a 2nd Tele that was really different like a dual Humbucker setup or something. The parallel universe guitars are pretty interesting for me.

5. Achysklic

Achysklic Tele-Holic

Feb 7, 2013
    Ohio
    The strat has a 2 point bridge

6. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    They removed Player series from site atm. My link works somehow

7. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    They are probably embargoed until they are officially introduced - that's what Fender did with the American Professionals back in November of 2016. They made the dealers take them down from their websites and tried to have the dealers not sell any until they officially introduced them on December 7. Also when the American Elites were replacing the American Deluxes the dealers had the info in December 2015, but Fender made them hold off until the first day of the Winter NAMM show in mid-January 2016.

The Summer NAMM show is in 2 weeks (starts June 28) so I imagine they are going to do the official introduction when the show opens (probably 10am or 11am Central time in the USA). But being Fender you never know - they could do the official introduction any time between now and then.

Your link is probably one for dealers that your dealer shared with you, so it's not really open to the public like a dealer website or Fender's own website(s).

8. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    That's the accepted Texan pronunciation...and since Jaguars are native to our state (south of San Antonio and and in Big Bend country), I don't feel guilty saying it that way. :p

With my accent, pronouncing it jag-u-ar (British style) would sound pretentious.

dswo, Nubs and Seasicksailor like this.

9. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    I was thinking the same, however local guitar center recived acoustic player series arleady and i have preordered player tele weeks ago. They have told me that guitar will arrive before namm to the store, which means ill get it 20-21.06, is it possible ill get it that soon ? Link ia from official Fender site

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

10. AndrewG

AndrewG Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    Or you could pronounce it as it should be and impress your Hispanic friends!:

Seasicksailor likes this.

11. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Bristol UK
    That did it for me! I'll go with the Spanish pronunciation from now on! :-D

12. ADK Teleman

ADK Teleman Tele-Afflicted

Sep 30, 2009
    A-Bay NY
    Hey brother, where you from in Poland? I was stationed in Warsaw and loved your country! My wife’s family are Polish. Mine come from what used to be Danzig(Gdańsk). So my Prussian roots are really Polish!

13. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    If the store gets it on 6/20 or 6/21 then you might get it then- or Fender might make the store wait to deliver it to you until the series is officially released.

14. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    I saw the Jag and Jazzmaster at Sam Ash yesterday. They might have had the others too, but I didn't look.

15. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland

Yes im from Poland and live in City of Torun, Center - North part of Poland. Glad you have family there :D Its a great country expect for jobs and average wage here is around 425$

16. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    NGD in 1-2 days. New Player Series arrived to here in Poland . Czech, Slovak and Hungarian stores have them too now, wow quicker than western Europe by far:p Waiting for Delivery dude

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018

17. AndrewG

AndrewG Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    Moja rodzina byla Polska

RoCkstAr256 likes this.

18. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    Fender vid here

anfyrt and RoCkstAr256 like this.

19. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Wow didnt expect you speaking jezyk Polski :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.