Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New MIM 'Player' series...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by AndrewG, Jun 13, 2018.

1. AndrewG

AndrewG Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England

Found this on The Gear Page and wanted to share. The 'Sonic Red' Tele with a PAU FERRO(!) fretboard has definitely piqued my interest. At last a MIM Tele with something other than a maple 'board! Hoorah!

hemmings and Danjabellza like this.

2. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    Looks like about a $50 price increase over the current MIM standard prices. Anybody know what the differences between the Standards and Players will be?

3. AndrewG

AndrewG Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    No idea about pickups, but the spaghetti logo is now standard on the new models, and Strats get a two-point trem. Also new is the departure from maple-only fretboards on the Telecaster.
    Look out for future price cuts on old MIM stock. At least one would hope so...

JayFreddy and bsman like this.

4. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara

I hope so! I'd sure like to get an LPB standard strat to complement my MIM Standard LPB tele and MIM FSR LPB Duo-Sonic!

5. AndrewG

AndrewG Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    Yes, LPB is my favourite MIM colour, especially paired with maple. When I bought my Special I was faced with the choice of LPB or Sherwood green, but figured that as the green is only available for 2018 I'd go with the more rare colour.

bsman likes this.

6. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    It's funny - I had originally bought the tele on one of MF's "Fender Fridays" in 2009 (after the economic collapse) for $299. They were originally offering the arctic white, but when I called, those were all out, so the salesman offered me the choice of any other color. I picked the LPB sort of at random, but when I got it was amazed at how beautiful the color looked in person. Last year, I got a deal on an LPB FSR Duo-Sonic (apparently a special run for Adorama - at a discounted $341.99). I think it would be fun to get a strat in the same color and have a trifecta!

Jimmy Owen likes this.

7. YALCaster

YALCaster Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2017
    noitacoL
    I’m excited to see what else is in the line up, some cool ones in the video, but nothing that knocks my socks off

8. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Bristol UK
    Jaguire? :-D

Don't get me wrong... I'm Greek... I'm the last person to criticise accents, but Jaguire?

9. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    Fender Player Telecaster spec.
    Polar White and Sonic Red available with Pau Ferro f/b. New color "Tidepool" (blue-gray)
    Body
    • Body Material Alder
    • Body Finish Gloss Polyester
    • Body Shape Telecaster®
    Neck
    • Neck Material Maple
    • Neck Finish Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
    • Neck Shape Modern "C"
    • Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
    • Fingerboard Material Maple
    • Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
    • Number of Frets 22
    • Fret Size Medium Jumbo
    • Nut Material Synthetic Bone
    • Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
    • Position Inlays Black Dots
    • Truss Rod Standard
    • Truss Rod Nut 3/16" Hex Adjustment
    Electronics
    • Bridge Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Tele Single-Coil
    • Neck Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Tele Single-Coil
    • Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
    • Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
    • Configuration SS
    Hardware
    • Bridge 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Tele® with Bent Steel Saddles
    • Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
    • Tuning Machines Standard Cast/Sealed
    • Pickguard 3-Ply Parchment
    • Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
    • Switch Tip Barrel Style
    • Neck Plate 4-Bolt "F" Stamped
    Miscellaneous
    • Strings Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
    • Legal Notice Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

Nubs likes this.

10. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    Looks like the extra fret and alnico PUs are the only really significant change. I can live without either, so if there are any blowouts on the old MIM standards, I would consider that.

11. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    I have ordered two weeks ago a ButterScotch Blonde Maple Neck Player Series for 625$ In Poland. A bit higher price value than Car mn i have from december which was 600 $

Leaflet of new tele series you can download, i got it from Polish Guitar Center

HERE IS LEAFLET , no need to thank you :D

https://files.fm/u/7nzw7n9x

They have removed Candy Apple Red Maple Neck :( . However they added Tidepool instead of Lake Placid Blue. Polar White which is more Creamy colour than Arctic white ,maybe some grians on body? Sonic red whihc is bright red comapred to apple red. Pay ferror fretboards, never played them how are they compared to rosewood?

Hope they havent changed ButterSctoch Blonde Alder body which was sexy Amber Blonde

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

12. beninma

beninma Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    The extra fret makes me wonder if they have a neck that is interchangeable with the MIA Teles? It's at least the same # of frets.

13. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland

14. Matthew Leo

Matthew Leo TDPRI Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Maine
    Waiting for a blowout of the
    Very nice! Glad you can still get black, as I've recently had a hankering for a Tom Morello-type Tele. I'll either get one of these or an outgoing Standard if they blow them out.

Interested to see what the Polar White/Pau Ferro combo looks like. I also like the Tidepool/Maple quite a bit.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.

15. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    I love tidepool too, can't wait for my Blonde. Week or so !

16. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    warrent likes this.

17. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    They were already interchangeable because USA 22-fret Fenders have the 22nd fret on an "overhang" - the neck pocket is the same dimension as a 21-fret Fender neck.

18. EspyHop

EspyHop TDPRI Member

May 28, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Not sure how I feel about this. Glad I got a LPB while I could.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.