New Member Poplar Tele Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Bill Scheltema, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jackboed

jackboed NEW MEMBER!

Now, with the bonded magnet method it is processed by a rapid solidification technique. Then the sintered magnets are processed from pulverized ingot which enables the powder to develop blocks. Then the magnet manufacturer heats them up prior to shaping and packaging them for their customers. Then the surface that is treated is magnetized. This particular method is common in both China and Japan. The melt spinning method is used for the bonded magnets in a mixture of the three alloys.
    The spinning method for the thin segments of the alloy consists of a ribbon that is pulverized prior to being mixed with the polymer -- this consists of a method of either compression or injection molding.
    http://www.permanentmagnet.com/

2. phisto

phisto TDPRI Member

this is a great looking jig! I've watched your videos and downloaded your plans because I want to make a jig for a bass neck. I understand the concept of the jig enough to do that except the pucks. I'm not 100% sure on how you developed them. What's really throwing me off is how you figured where to put the pivot pin holes. The radius is throwing me also. I tried to draw your plans in Sketchup and I off set the radius by an inch but the contour is off just a bit from your drawings. I really want to grasp how you are developing this so I can develop my own for the bass neck.

3. apetool

apetool TDPRI Member

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum. I sure this question has been asked a million times but anybody know where I can find the plans for the truss jig?

Many Thanks, Adrian

4. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

If you are talking truss rod routing jig... I don't know if there are any plans. The rod curve comes from a tele neck drawing available on the forum. Then you build the jig based on your particular router.
    This may be helpful.
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/79699-building-one-piece-neck.html

5. toddyboom62

toddyboom62 NEW MEMBER!

neck rig

Thanks Bill, this looks to be very helpful.

6. Rkp209

Rkp209 NEW MEMBER!

Dear Bill;
    I'm in the process of building your neck contour jig. Where do you position the neck on the jig? I plan on building necks with 22 frets at a 25.5 scale and 24 frets at a 25.5 scale. Some necks with a floyd rose and some with standard bridge and nut. When routing do I include the thickness of the fingerboard or can route without?

7. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Bill hasn't visited this website since Feb, 2016

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.