Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Jimi Hendrix LP coming...

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by lammie200, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

1. kellybluz

kellybluz TDPRI Member

Mar 25, 2011
    southern oregon
    Man can't they just leave well enough alone ? :confused: it's like beating a dead horse . I was excited when they first came out with the lost or unfinished or jamming tapes they had just to hear some more Jimi but some of it was crap money making stuff that Jimi would not have released. imho

2. DaveGo

DaveGo TDPRI Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Austin

3. SurfRose

SurfRose NEW MEMBER!

Wednesday
    USA

If Jesus wept it was only over how sweet his signature SG Model was.

Badger06 and Mjark like this.

4. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    I am instructing you to buy it. Haha. Good one. You got me with my pants down.

BTW, have you heard Stephen Stills and Hendrix play together? Someone above got ripped off on a Johnny Winter/Hendrix bootleg. What if this isn't that and much better from a sonic standpoint? I know you still don't want it. But don't forget, I am instructing you to buy it.

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I would love to hear some new good Hendrix. I just don't think there is any left. I'll wait for a credible review.

6. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    Wow.. his estate is really milking this stuff....

7. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    I understand. Hopefully it is good. I liked the two other ones that they put together.

8. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Naa, Sounds more like a cult following that a fan of a musician.

9. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Stuff like this usually disappoints for all the reasons listed above. And it kind of makes me sad. Tommy Bolin's family does the same thing. The same songs over and over, just different takes

10. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Two? By my count there have been at least ten posthumous Hendrix studio releases since 1971. Which is impressive, since he only issued four albums of original material (one a double, though) while he was alive.

11. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    I was thinking about this last trilogy of Valleys of Neptune and People, Hell and Angels. I have most of the others and all his studio work. I have yet to be disappointed.

12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    If it sucks as much as the stuff he recorded while alive I won't be buying it.

13. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    To me a cult following would be if I had posters of someone above my race car bed in my bedroom. Being a musician and wanting to hear work by another musician is a passion of mine. If you really want to prove your point talk to a Deadhead that has a bootleg collection. I would like to hear about it.

14. WilburBufferson

WilburBufferson Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2009
    Canada
    That Gibson stuff is just crass, full stop. But I see the Hendrix music as more of a "here are some of Michaelangelo's sketches" for your amusement. Unfinished work for sure, but Hendrix proved his worth in his small but unparallelled body of work. IMO of course. BTW, I was underwhelmed by Valleys of Neptune, but only because it sounded like it was caught in an era that has passed me by. Still curious though.

lammie200 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.