Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

new Hahn Campilongo Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ruger9, Dec 28, 2017.

1. blargfromspace

blargfromspace Tele-Afflicted

Apr 8, 2010
    IRL
    Frustrating is definitely the word for it. For me, the worst bit is seeing other people in this thread who ordered months after I placed my order receive theirs.

Brucesu likes this.
  2. tjswope

tjswope TDPRI Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Exton, PA
    That really stinks. I assume you tried contacting him?

3. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Chicago
    I assume that Chihoe is more or less delivering in order of when the deposits were made. I’m guessing that he only went out of order - if he did at all - if there were extenuating circumstances.

maggieo likes this.
  4. MrNoTalent

MrNoTalent TDPRI Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Oakdale MN
    Looks like some frustration setting in again...just want to refer you to Chihoe's post #176 on 6/28, which sounded promising, although after some web surfing I found a forum called "the fretboard" which had a thread titled "Incoming: Hahn Model C" which had an interesting post from a guy called TeeByrd. His issue was from a few years ago, so I hope this was just an isolated case. I'm more concerned that there have been a couple posts about quality (fret buzz) issues. Everyone should receive their Model C's plekked to perfection, although I realize everyone plays differently and, if you play with the touch of a blacksmith, you're likely to have more issues than someone who plays like Jim. Out of the box everyone probably needs to do a few minor adjustments to their liking...its not brain surgery! (I like to set all my guitars to Fender specs, 4/64 @ 17 & .010 @ 8, and everything is good)...looks like the Model C truss rod adj. is at the headstock, so that's a plus. I want to know about the pkg...could those who have theirs comment...even though its in a gig bag it should be boxed to be able to withstand some rough handling in transit...also, did you get an email with tracking # or did it just show up one day? Ianstrike, glad you got yours, but I didn't know there were "deposits"....thought you had to "pay in full" at time of order (I did) to get in the queue, so I hope all orders are filled in the order received. I'm only a little over 4 months in, so I expect a looonnnng wait. Good luck to everyone and hope your Model C exceeds all expectations.

5. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Chicago
    I shouldn’t have used the term “deposit.” I also paid in full back in January.

My guitar was well packed: the guitar was in a gig bag, surrounded by packing peanuts. No complaints from me on that.

Just to be clear, “plekked” can’t be the right term - I don’t think. A “Plek” machine is a specific piece of equipment which Hahn doesn’t claim to use.

And I got a text with tracking info.

Brucesu likes this.
  6. Brucesu

Brucesu TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Arizona
    Ho hum, anyone with a model c wanna do a video of you playing something? Hell you could even do an “unboxing” video even though you probably threw away the box.

Just slowly unzip the gig bag zipper and let us see that smooth alabaster skin...

Then maybe you could get some close up shots of the hard maple neck. Then get some slow shots of the headstock, and don’t forget about the nut. I wanna know if it’s real bone!

Now you could go back and zoom in on dem perky knobs. Don’t forget to flip the toggle switch a bit making sure you get a nice clicking sound. Don’t worry you won’t hurt your guitar if you flick too hard.

Oh yes, then show us that slim sexy pickguard! All those curves...I want to put my hands around dat hawt pine body!

o_Oo_O:eek:o_O:lol:

7. srmillis

srmillis TDPRI Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Grosse Pte Farms, MI
    Anyone getting a response from Chihoe when you email, message, or call?

8. MrNoTalent

MrNoTalent TDPRI Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Oakdale MN
    No...I tried one email 2 months ago and figured there would be no response, so gave up. I am willing to wait for however long it takes, but it would be nice to know how many C's were ordered, is he still taking new orders, and where is he in the process. I'll bet Chihoe looks at this thread once in a while so maybe he'll put up a new post. If you did want a refund, how would you ever get it? Only mag I get is Premier Guitar and haven't seen a Hahn ad for months, so maybe that means he's swamped. Also, like the previous forum poster I mentioned, I guess I wouldn't blame Chihoe if he got an order from a "celebrity" and stopped everything to build that guitar...I'd do the same thing. I expect we'll all get a C someday and it will be great. Try writing a letter, enclose a sase for a response, and see if you get one.

Brucesu likes this.
  9. tjswope

tjswope TDPRI Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Exton, PA
    I emailed as well but didn't get a response. I'm sure he's swamped and wants to focus on building guitars, not answering phones and what not, but it would be nice to have some sort of update. I'd honestly be fine with him saying "2 more months" and knowing that that is when I should expect my guitar, it would mostly just be nice to know.

I guess on the flip side it will be pretty exciting to randomly get a text or email with the tracking number.

10. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Chicago
    Guys, (and this IS ridiculous, in my opinion) the best way to get in touch with Chihoe seems to be instagram. If you go to his page on instagram hahnguitars and make a comment like “hey Chihoe, please call me,” that seems to work.

While I personally commented on some of his Instagram posts, I never did that. When I texted him (while I was waiting for my Model C), I heard back promptly about half of the time.

Someone asked about the total number of model c guitars: mine was the 25th guitar with an April 2018 serial number. (I ordered in January and received in July. I don’t know if that was #25 of Model C or maybe there were some other non-Model C guitars that also had April dates.

It’s small compensation to you guys who are waiting but I really dig my guitar. If it wasn’t for this thread, I’d have forgotten that I was waiting a long time and was getting annoyed and frustrated. Now I just love my Hahn ax.

Brucesu likes this.
  11. tjswope

tjswope TDPRI Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Exton, PA
    Thanks, and I'm honestly not too frustrated. When I ordered in early May I figured that I would be content if I got it before the end of the summer, now I'd be okay as long as I get it before my birthday in November. I mostly just want to know what to expect. Glad to hear how much you like your guitar. If it's as good as it sounds like it will be, I'm sure I'll forget about the wait as well.

ianstrike likes this.
  12. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm pretty sure that Chihoe and his family have been on vacation for the last two weeks.

ianstrike likes this.
  13. srmillis

srmillis TDPRI Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Grosse Pte Farms, MI
    Updates from anyone? I'm still waiting for my Model C. Paid for it on March 17, 2018.

14. blargfromspace

blargfromspace Tele-Afflicted

Apr 8, 2010
    IRL
    Nope. I paid last year.

Brucesu likes this.
  15. caspersvapors

caspersvapors Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2008
    CA
    Yikes...

16. Brucesu

Brucesu TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Arizona

I guess I don’t have to worry about my family getting on my case for buying too many guitars this year. :lol:

Man, I’m so excited to get that model c. I love maple necks! And that pickguard design just looks totes cool!

17. mikefincham

mikefincham TDPRI Member

Jun 25, 2018
    atlanta
    It's frustrating to see Chihoe continue to ignore people's inquiries about their guitars after giving them their money. I was only able to get Chihoe's attention after posting a comment in his Instagram that I was requesting a refund that day. To Chihoe's credit, I had the refund back within a few hours. I took that money and purchased a 2006 Suhr Custom Classic T from my local guitar store. I am extremely happy I made the decision to let go of the dream of the Model T. I love Jim C and the notion of this guitar, but I learned I am not cut out for the tempestuous, artisan guitar maker. I am beyond happy with my Suhr. I wish you all the best of luck on this journey.

LGOberean and Brucesu like this.
  18. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

Feb 15, 2004

Mr Suhr posts on TGP quite a bit.

One thing about him, he does not make promises that he does not keep.

One guy over there bought a used Suhr with a minor finish issue, Suhr
    found out and refinished the guitar for free.

LGOberean and Brucesu like this.
  19. Brucesu

Brucesu TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Arizona

Wow, now I’m gasing over a Suhr! I think if I ever get another guitar it will be a seafoam green strat with a maple neck from Suhr.

Promises means a lot to a customer. I always come back to a company that delivers good quality. I unconsciously recommend good products to people too, or at least talk about it.

It’s gonna take a lot for me to give up the model C. If the guitar is as good as it looks then the wait will be worth it! But if it turns out to be a dud, I would be pretty bummed out.

:Do_O

20. bharris

bharris TDPRI Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Washington DC

Here's a little taste for all who are still waiting.

TBH, if I'd had to wait for more than 6 months, I don't know how I well I would be holding up. The lack of communication is definitely disappointing. Now, after owning this guitar for two-plus months, I can't believe I almost hit the eject button. I still find my mouth falling open at tones that are coming out of my amp. This Model C is absolutely an impeccably built instrument that I look forward to getting to know for the next few decades. Hope you all have the same experience in the end!

(The case is a Fender tweed thermometer that I was able to find for under $200. I wouldn't recommend it for travel but it's barely bigger than the guitar so I use it for quick storage around the house or over to a friend's.)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    matrix and Enrico Comaschi like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.