Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

new Hahn Campilongo Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ruger9, Dec 28, 2017.

1. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 31, 2004
    Hackettstown, NJ
    Surprised no one has posted yet... Hahn "Model C" Campilongo Telecaster.

I'm not looking for another tele, but it sure is tempting....

a word forom Chilhoe....It’s a wonderful guitar with a pine body and one piece maple neck, medium c, 7 1-4 to 9 1/2" compound radius and medium jumbo frets. It's finished in 100% nitro lacquer, and has all our best hardware, including a cold rolled steel bridge )precision mulled, not stamped), compensated brass saddles, stainless ferrules and .10" thick stainless neck plate. It has a bone nut, Gotoh/Kluson tuners, CRL switch, 250k CTS pots, vintage cloth push back wire and our hand wound pickups. With gig bag and free shipping in the US it's $1495. For more info, email is chihoe@hahnguitars.com and phone is 845-269-8275

(pics in the link below)

http://jimcampilongo.com/forum2/dis...the-hahn-model-c-campilongo-telecaster#Item_7

[​IMG]

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  3. spayne99

spayne99 Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2010
    NJ
    That price seems crazy low for a guitar made in New York. I did read that the finish is lesser done than Hahn’s more expensive guitars... fewer coats of nitro and not high gloss. And it ships with a gig bag, not a hard case. But I wonder if any other concessions are made to lower the cost.

Piotr, Brucesu, ianstrike and 2 others like this.
  4. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he outsourced some of the components. His typical T-type guitars goes for north of $3K.

sockgtr likes this.
  5. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    "North of 3 grand?!?" :eek:

Also "stainless ferrules"? So I take it that this Hahn "Campilongo" is not a top loader? o_O

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I think it’s a top loader, or a double duty.
    I think I see the D’Addarrio color coded ball ends at the end of the bridge.
    Kinda cool if it does both through and top load.
    Interesting looking bridge base, too!

Wildcard_35 and ianstrike like this.
  7. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
  8. gtrwrks

gtrwrks Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Killer looking guitar - killer specs - through-body or top-load - killer price compared to the competition. I'm in the market.

ianstrike likes this.
  9. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I believe you're right, Bill. It's hard for my old eyes to see all the details in that pic, but after reading your reply I copied the image to enlarge it, and I can see the colored ball ends of the D'Addario strings, as well as the string through holes in the bridge plate. And that bridge plate is interesting. Is that supposed to be relic'ed? It looks like a maze...or else a "ruffles have ridges" potato chip. :twisted:

10. dinomike77

dinomike77 Tele-Meister

Aug 27, 2004
    My bad. Didn’t click the link. I’m a moron.

11. Jim Campilongo

Jim Campilongo Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2003
    Brooklyn , New York
    Gentlemen - Look, I'm not here to sell you stuff or convince you to buy anything- but I thought I'd pipe in and at least post some photos and answer some questions.

I love the Model C and we achieved everything we hoped for -I think we got it. We were committed to making a "boutique" Hahn as affordable as we possibly could, Chihoe is the man. All questions should go to Chihoe.

The Model C story...
    https://www.hahnguitars.com/model-c/

Questions I know ..

Does it sound like my "59?
    No, we didn't go for that - but it's a great sounding dark Tele -and it has a nice scream too. Rob Banta designed the pick ups. At this point, the pick ups are not sold separately.

Does it come in Lefty?
    Yes

Is it a Top Loader?
    It has both string through and a top loading option. I've been top loading.

Does it come in custom colors?
    No, for now we are keeping everything simple to keep costs down -hence the name "Model C".

Is there a waiting list? How long will it take to arrive?
    Chihoe can answer that question best but I know he's making a couple a month - I'd guess and say 3 to 4 months? But again, that's a guess.

Do I play it on my "Live Record"
    No -it wasn't finished in time. But I've been playing it exclusively and I'm really hoping it can rip my '59 out my hands. I just went to Finland with my '59 (in a cheap-ass gig bag) and was terrorized by a flight attendant who was trying to keep me from bringing the '59 on board. It all worked out but it's always a stressful adventure.

How does it compare to the Fender JC Signature?
    It's a totally different animal but both had similar sound ambitions. Dark, not glassy.

Again - I walk a fine line between salesman and information source and I don't want to corrupt the good ol' TDPRI by aggressively selling things I'm invested in. That said- It was a thrill to be singled out here on the TDPRI. I thank the OP and all you guys for your interest.

Thanks again -and have a great holiday and 2018! - Jim

Press release from Chihoe...It's a wonderful guitar with a pine body and one piece maple neck, medium c, 7 1-4 to 9 1/2" compound radius and medium jumbo frets. It's finished in 100% nitro lacquer, and has all our best hardware, including a cold rolled steel bridge )precision mulled, not stamped), compensated brass saddles, stainless ferrules and .10" thick stainless neck plate. It has a bone nut, Gotoh/Kluson tuners, CRL switch, 250k CTS pots, vintage cloth push back wire and our hand wound pickups. With gig bag and free shipping in the US it's $1495. For more info, email is chihoe@hahnguitars.com and phone is 845-269-8275

IMG_5056.jpeg
    IMG_2824.jpeg
    IMG_8953.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    full guitar.JPG
    IMG_3546.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  12. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Holic

Dec 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh crap.
    My wife is gonna kill me...

13. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm going to sell off a guitar or two and get one!

Brucesu likes this.
  14. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2013
    UK
    Over here in the UK, you would pay that for an American Pro.

Someone give this man their money.

guitrr likes this.
  15. Striker6

Striker6 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2015
    New Jersey
    I’ll take the ‘59 if you’re all done with that one Jim!

16. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    This seems like quite a deal, I have a T-type I really like but....

17. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    i'm going to put my LP up for sale. I've had a big desire for a Hahn ever since GP magazine wrote that big review of the 228 years ago, but I couldn't afford 3 thousand bucks.

Brucesu likes this.
  18. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2004
    Back in'08, I bought my custom-built Rick Kelly-made Bowery Pine Tele for $1400.00US, about $200.00 less than the '52AVRI.

I'm gobbling this one up, too.

joeh77, brother aldo and Grateful Ape like this.
  19. matrix

matrix Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2016
    Vancouver, BC
    Well, after a couple of weeks of wondering if I can, if I should, etc, etc, I did it. Trigger pulled, order placed.

First time ever buying a guitar without playing it - a lot - first.

I am very, very stoked.

20. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Chicago
    Matrix, I was just thinking about calling them but I’m actually gonna head over to CME (I live a mile away) to play some boutique teles, which I really haven’t done before.

Did they tell you a estimated time of arrival?
    Any other info regarding the guitar?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.