Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New guitar

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by ASC67, Sep 12, 2018.

1. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    I've been having a harder time playing my Dreadnaughts for about a year now, a D-18 Standard and an Epiphone Masterbilt do to a bad shoulder from an old injury so I started looking at smaller guitars.

I ended up picking up this Ibanez Artwood vintage series AVC9 000 size acoustic last week for $299. I found it used online at GC in Texas after I played a similar model at my local GC. I played it up against a few other inexpensive guitars and even a Martin 000-15 and came away very impressed with tone.

It has a solid Mahogany top and mahogany laminate sides and back. Mahogany dovetail neck 25" scale length. This guitar is very lightly built with scalloped braces and resonates like crazy. It has really nice tone and volume for a smaller guitar and the neck is super comfortable.

Here's a short clip of some fingerpicking on it. It also takes to flatpicking very well .

2. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    HNGD - ;)

Peace - Deeve

3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Sounds great ! Sweet find !

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

5. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama

6. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    Thanks fellas !

7. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Really nice. I enjoyed the finger picking piece.

8. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    I’m totally blown away lately by the build quality of these $300-$600 acoustics. I was recently on the prowl for a concert size acoustic and ended up with a Yamaha. But that was just personal preference. All the smaller guitars I played by Ibanez and Alvarez were incredibly impressive as well considering their price point.

9. Dukex

Dukex Tele-Meister

Nov 8, 2012
    SoCal
    Nice playing and nice tone. Looks like you found a real bargain!

10. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Yoakum, Texas

11. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK

12. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    Thanks everyone, I'm really blown away by this guitar !

13. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    They do sound nice. I bought a blemish model (couldn't see any blemish) for the price you paid. Lowered the nut slots a hair and it played great.
    I traded mine off when I got a mandolin, but I missed that body size and got a Breedlove that is shaped similar.
    Only reason I didn't get another Ibanez is because I'm a big fan of pinless bridges like the Breedlove has.

14. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2004
    HNGD! I have its brother, the AC240 and smaller cousin in the parlor size and love them!

15. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    ASC67
    nice stuff , congrats!

the thing with yamahas is to have fresh strings on them they sparkle , but once the the srtings die they sound flat 2 dimentional, replace the strings they come alive again
    (I have 2 of them) an FG-335L 2 and an APX L H, and they are both the same in that reguard.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.