New guitar/Review: Orangewood

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by Aaron1061, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

recently got an Orangewood Oliver Live, to have something to bang around the house. heard nothing but rave reviews on them. still, wasnt expecting much.

boy was i surprised! This guitar cost $275 with electronics ($195 without) and feels and sounds like it shouldve atleast cost $800. the neck is my favorite acoustic neck profile ive ever played. sound is even and sweet. the frets were perfect and the setup was perfect! the top is solid and quite stunning. I really dont have much else to say. they nailed it. Some sort of magic going on to produce this sort of guitar for the price theyre pushing them out for.

IMG_20190610_132528_016.jpg

uriah1 likes this.
  2. Muddslide

Muddslide Friend of Leo's

That looks stellar.

I've owned many fine and vintage acoustics in my day including several Martins and Gibsons.

Right now I have two acoustics--both Ibanez (no electronics.)

New, I got them both together for under $300.

They are not Martins or Gibsons, but they are surprisingly great feeling and sounding.

3. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

Congrats on your new Orangewood! She's a beaut. I have the Victoria which is their all lami and cheapest one they sell and it sounds better than all solid guitars I own. I tried the Dana and Rey recently but found the strings buzzing on certain frets when playing with a pick. Adjusting the neck didn't help so I sent them back. Hopefully, the solid tops don't have this problem. They supposely do a setup before shipping but I guess they don't do fret work.

4. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

i did have to do a little fret end dressing but it was by no means sharp or unplayable. frets are level with no buzzing on mine!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.