Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New GT 100, headphones question

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by rad1, Aug 26, 2017.

1. rad1

rad1 Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Edit: NEVER MIND, fixed it, all better

My GT 100 arrived today. So far so good, easy set up, easy wifi and Bluetooth set up and I searched, no new updates available.

My question, the amp sounds very nice with a number of the presets, other than when I use headphones. I have the Sony MDR-7506 and they sound fantastic on my other amps; but, on the GT they sound sick. I have to dial almost all the gain off to get a non-distorted sound. Then, the sound is muddy.

Is the 100 watts just to much for these headphones? The headphones were great on less powerful amps, Katana 50 and the Yamaha THR10C

I live in a house with a bunch of family ranging in age from 5 to .....well that would be me the old guy, so headphones are a necessity.

Any ideas, thanks

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017

2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    What was wrong, and how did you fix it? I don't have a GT, but I'm curious.

Cliffyg62 and Archtop Bill like this.

3. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I have several different sets of headphones and they all sound distinctly different on my GT40-some sound good and some really suck. It's the same as with a stereo. Some speakers or 'phones great with some amps and some don't. It's called system matching, and is commonly well known in the world of audio. That's why there are so many different 'phones on the market.

Cliffyg62 likes this.

4. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    Have a set of bass heavy skullcandies that didn’t work. Went to flatter response, my late night jams...

DougM likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.