Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New FSR Bullets

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Mikey3, Aug 18, 2018.

Which color for the new FSR should I buy??

1. Sparkle Red

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Lake Placid Blue

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. Mikey3

Mikey3 Tele-Meister

May 6, 2006
    Canada

2. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    As far as Squier goes, there have been many sparkling red ones... as far as I know in the last 20 years or so, only one (now to) LPB's..., so I voted LPB!

blille likes this.

3. Hammerdog

Hammerdog Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Texas
    Yeah. I gotta go with the blue. Looks like a mint green scratch guard so that’s way cool.

darren7 likes this.

4. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA

5. Scottz

Scottz Tele-Meister

May 18, 2018
    Littleton CO
    If I were buying it would be LPB. Glad I got the Surf Green though.

tele-bastard likes this.

6. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    Another vote for LPB!

Wow. I'm currently building a Dakota Red, black guard, maple fingerboard Partscaster.

If I were to acquire another Telecaster, this combination would be it exactly, and the dang Partscaster cost me 3 times that price!

Do I NEED another Telecaster?

7. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    One ALWAYS needs another telecaster... If you don't think you need one, you WANT one. So you really do NEED to have it! :cool:

Honestly, I have a MIM Standard LPB tele and a few red ones (in several different pickup combinations), but the green FSR is actually giving me the same food for thought... Do I need one? After 35+ telecasters, no... Do I want one... YES!!!! Will I buy one? probably yes... :oops:. But the big question is, since I have more than 30 guitars that are completely original, will I leave this one original?

8. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Id go Blue if it has maple neck. Looks bad with rosewood/pf. Voted red

bgmacaw likes this.

9. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC

10. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    I kind of agree. But even if you were to use it as a Partscaster base where else can you get a brand new loaded body for $150? Bring your own maple neck and sell this neck to help fund it.

The minty green pickguard is unusual for bullets and infinity models as well.
    I have an extra Tonerider A3 bridge pickup; I'd probably throw in a 4 way for "in series" and a grease bucket circuit to compliment my current Classic Vibe re-wired with the 50's dark circuit.

Damn, just talked myself into buying it.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.

11. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    Dang these sparkly baubles. If they accepted a real tele bridge, I'd buy 15. Such a deal breaker for me.

12. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    Thanks to Buck and Don, I have always liked sparkle Teles so I'd have to go with the red. The blue doesn't look bad though.

13. Mikey3

Mikey3 Tele-Meister

May 6, 2006
    Canada
    I decided to go with the blue.....love em both....don't think there is a wrong choice

blille likes this.

14. Average_Joe

Average_Joe Tele-Meister

Hows the build quality on these? Are they same/better or worse than China made?

15. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

I especially want a high res photo of the string through ferrules on the back . . . IF they are countersunk flush then I'm sold!

16. Mikey3

Mikey3 Tele-Meister

May 6, 2006
    Canada
    When I get it I'll post some pictures!

17. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    Indonesian made Squiers have a pretty good reputation for quality and consistency, better than many of the lower end Chinese models. Fret work is good, but not perfect. Rough sprouts are common, mainly due to the differences between tropical Asia and arid and cooler North America The nuts are generally cut well (better than similarly priced Epiphones). Other hardware is very functional. The pots and switch could use improvement but will work well enough. The pickups are typical cheapo ceramics, not awful but could be better. Inexpensive pickup upgrades are readily available though.

nicod98 likes this.

18. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    I wouldn't say that Indonesian Squiers typically use ceramic pickups. In fact, as far as I know, ONLY the current Affinity (for which production quite recently moved from China to Indonesia) and (I assume) the FSR Bullet have ceramics (I will buy one soon...) . All other Indonesian made (at least telecasters) use alnico pickups. (Standards, Vintage Modified - aka the '72 models, but also all 2012+ VMs that are now obsolete were all alnico). As far as I know the situation is similar for strats.

But I do agree, and I too think that the Indonesian factory actually makes some quality guitars, including some fantastic mid-priced Fenders.

19. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    True. I was referring to the recent Bullets. I suspect that probably have ceramics based on how they don't use "Alnico" in their marketing material like other models.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.