Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

New Christmas Pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Kayle McGuire, Dec 26, 2017.

1. NotAnotherHobby

NotAnotherHobby Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2015
    Da' Magic Mittin'
    A Danelectro Equalizer and Fuzz pedal. That and the Behringer phaser.

I stopped asking for expensive pedals when I discovered that - for home use - the cheap stuff was often just as good.

2. telerocker1988

telerocker1988 Tele-Afflicted

May 2, 2010
    I got a new Dr. Z Therapy amp the week before Christmas as a gift to myself. But I got a Jackson Audio Prism and grabbed a Walrus Audio Messner from their half off sale.

3. Just-Jim

Just-Jim Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2008
    CMATMODS Brownie
    Fulltone 70's Fuzz

Was trying to add some harder edge tones to my mostly light OD board.

4. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

Jun 11, 2009
    Congrats to all you guys. I just pulled everything out today and found 24 OD/Fuzz pedals that I'd like to get down to 12. Modulation effects are getting way out of hand too. New project for 2018.
    Staypuft1652 likes this.

5. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I survived Christmas without buying new stuff.....but today I shot a Strymon El Capistan and a Fulltone OCD V4, each for half the usual price on a facebook pedalforum. I justify it as a belated chrstmas present to myself.
    There is a voice in my head questioning that, but the larger choir of voices sings along happily.....
    El Tele Lobo, karpis and Staypuft1652 like this.

6. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Please bear in mind that (a) I'm learning guitar - at the age of 56 and (b) I'm buying the best equipment that I can so that I don't have to upgrade anytime soon.

So far, I'm amazed by this pedal. The variety of sounds is dizzying and probably much more beneficial to a more experienced guitarist. The online reviews I read before buying it appear to be spot-on insofar as it is a fantastically capable pedal. In fact, calling it a "pedal" is a bit of an understatement as it can transform the sound of your guitar in a number of ways from the very subtle to much more obvious.

Definitely go and audition one. I haven't anything to compare it with - aside from a couple of delay pedals I tried out at the same time. The other delay pedal I really liked was an Echoplex. Similar price but the Keeley one seemed to have a few more tricks up its sleeve, so I went for that one.

I'm not sure if this will help you but, as mentioned, I would definitely try the pedal first.

7. JBFatFingers

JBFatFingers Tele-Meister

Oct 9, 2016
    Canton, MI
    My Phase 95 showed up today - WOW. To think about how many sounds you can get out of one knob and two buttons, wrapped up in such a small package, makes my head spin...
    fidopunk and Staypuft1652 like this.

8. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Making your (and everybody else’s) head spin is exactly that pedal’s job.

My post-Christmas Tumnus was waiting for me when I got home from a horrible New Year’s startup trip to Mississippi. Maybe I’ll get a chance to try him out tonight.
    JBFatFingers likes this.

9. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    i have tried to objective about my Joyo Ultimate Drive
    and say the hi/lo switch is pretty useless because it had tremendous bottom on the hi setting and lo is to dark for me and the cheap on/off switch is kind of iffy but works. Other than that, this pedal Rocks. I think it has won me over:>) Platefire
    Staypuft1652 likes this.

10. olefudd

olefudd Tele-Meister

Sep 27, 2009
    out yonder!
    Glad the UD is working for ya. I agree on the hi/low switch and mine stays on the hi setting also.

11. Chuckster

Chuckster Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Boston/Cape Cod
    Wife bought me this because I'm building a new board. I have a fairly vintage version of this same wah, but this one is so much cooler.

12. WaylonFan76

WaylonFan76 Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2008
    South Lousiana
    Wampler Tumnus Deluxe.

13. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    My Christmas pedal my Mom ordered me never got delivered. Amazon says it was but no. Not sure if she has any buyer protection I never use Amazon.
    Might have to wait til next Xmas...

14. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    File a claim with Amazon, my experience with them has been all positive, at least in Canada
    Vespa_One and Staypuft1652 like this.

15. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Had a similar thing happen to my amazon pedal order over the holiday period. Got a notice that my pedal had been delivered, and even signed for. But it obviously wasn't to my house! So I looked at the details of the tracking report, and saw that there had been a tracking id error, which caused it to be shipped back to the sender in Nashville. So the "delivered" notice referred to the sender getting it back, not me receiving it.
    Fortunately, the sender rushed it off 2-day air to me when they found out. Apparently it was a UPS mixup, not Amazon's fault.
    Vespa_One likes this.

16. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    just the other day I got a Earthquaker Devices Data Corruptor, locally off CL

Jury's still out
    Vespa_One likes this.

17. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    Im interested in this pedal...
    Get back with a verdict!

18. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Vespa, it's pretty cool, but my initial experience is that it's not as manageable/tameable as it appears in the demo clips out there. I've still got to try some other guitars/pickups through it
    Vespa_One likes this.

19. Alonious_Monk

Alonious_Monk Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    Bedford, UK
    Didn't think £20 of Xmas money work go far when it comes to pedals, but just scored a brand new Hayden Hairy Tongue Fuzz pedal for £25 on eBay.

Can't complain :)

20. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    I tell you what! This Ultimate Drive that I bought myself for Christmas is the
    closes thing to a Marshall in a box of
    any pedal I ever had. Pretty happy with it! Platefire
    Vespa_One and Staypuft1652 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.