Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Christmas Pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Kayle McGuire, Dec 26, 2017.

1. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2016
    Brazil
    Pull the trigger: I bought a Wampler Tumnus to replace my TS mini.

JBFatFingers likes this.

2. Big-Tele

Big-Tele Tele-Meister

Nov 4, 2015
    Melbourne Australia
    Just bought myself a Joyo analog delay, does that count as a xmass pedal?

3. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Every Christmas and birthday, my mother-in-law gives me a card with cash in it, and specific instructions that I spend it on myself, rather than throw it into the constantly-draining bucket that supports a family of six. Getting "Christmas money" kind of makes me feel like I'm 12 again (I'm 58), but hey... I'll take it.

With this year's Benjamin, I almost bought a Soul Food, but then I found a good deal on a used Tumnus, so that's my Christmas pedal.

4. Troubleandahalf

Troubleandahalf Tele-Holic

Jun 2, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I got a Mojo mojo for my birthday (24th) and I also slipped the missus a Digitech Trio sale ad and found it under the tree. Fun little toy, opens up a lot of fun practice / songwriting inspiration.

emisilly likes this.

5. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2015
    Upper Midwest
    Great thread. A joy to read. Pedals are so fun. (Nothing for me pedal-wise recently.)

Kayle McGuire likes this.

6. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    My Wife got me a Caoline Meteore reverb pedal. There are no words to convey how freaking cool that pedal is! It's truly from another planet.

The day after Christmas I snagged a used Barber Direct Drive used for $69 at Guitar Center. Sounds amazing. A GREAT Marshall flavored drive that sounds and feels like an amp not a pedal. Pretty amazing.

Yesterday I came across a great deal on a Barber Gain Changer and ordered it. Based on all the YouTube reviews I've seen all the posts here and on other forums I'm confident it will be a keeper. I've been wanting one for a good while and finally dropped the hammer. Super stoked for it to get here.

El Tele Lobo and Troubleandahalf like this.

7. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    My Joyo Ultimate Drive comes with the mail man tomorrow about 9:30 AM. I'll be pulling the TS-5 0ff and sliding it in its place. Be some jamming going on by 10:00:>) Platefire

emisilly likes this.

8. ValDiaz

ValDiaz Tele-Holic

Jan 1, 2014
    Glasgow, UK
    Girlfriend got me a Joyo American Sound - haven't tried it yet but it'll mainly be used for recording.

Treated myself to an Xotic SL Drive - got a good deal on a used one, sounds fantastic!

JBFatFingers likes this.

9. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to my awesome wife.

Felino likes this.

10. Iago

Iago Tele-Afflicted

Sep 18, 2006
    Brazil
    Got me a NUX Roctary, which arrived but a couple days ago. I had been lusting for a leslie sim for some good 2-3 years now, but things like the Strymon Lex and the Neo Ventilator are way beyond my budget limit. At last, comes the Nux at a super decent price and good demos/reviews to support it. I have to say it has met every expectation I had both in tone and in usability.

11. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    yup love it.

12. JBFatFingers

JBFatFingers Tele-Meister

Oct 9, 2016
    Canton, MI
    And mine is now on its way!

13. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    The backyard
    I have owned the 95 for a year and it is very versatile. 4 pedals in 1 and every one is useable. You will enjoy the 95!

JBFatFingers likes this.

14. Kayle McGuire

Kayle McGuire Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    Canada
    Is that the reverb / delay workstation by Robert Keeley you mentioned? I’m thinking of selling my current delay and reverb and buying it... what are your thoughts on each side of the pedal? IMG_6948.JPG

Paul Jenkin likes this.

15. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    got a nice bonus from work and used a little of it...i gave myself two pedals...one is the mxr phase 95 and the other is the boss chromatic tuner

karpis likes this.

16. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

I got the 135$ CE2w from Alto music the day after for my Christmas present to myself this year. I know it will serve me for many many years to come. Stoked because it's a silver screw MIJ waza as well. Not that it actually matters....but....aaaaahhh.... aesthetic.

17. Cosmicdancer

Cosmicdancer Tele-Meister

May 2, 2012
    Tennessee
    IMG_6280.JPG

The 3rd Dimension was a gift from my wife and the Fuzz was a $30 gift to myself off of my local Craigslist. In like new condition with box and a cheap patch cable. Couldn’t pass it up.

Iago, karpis and Staypuft1652 like this.

18. Lone Picker

Lone Picker Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2011
    Eastern PA
    • Just used some Christmas cash and pick up this lot of 3 from CL. A Boss Digital Delay DD3, Boss Blues Driver BD2, and a Trio Band Creator brand new in boxes for $125 for all. Still had the plastic bags on them. I think the guy got these for Christmas and didn't want them so I made out.

El Tele Lobo and Staypuft1652 like this.

19. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Used some cash I got for Christmas to buy a Wampler Tumnus Deluxe today. Thanks, grandma!!!

20. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Bought it myself maybe a week before Christmas

Attached Files:

Iago and jddub440 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.