Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Christmas Pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Kayle McGuire, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Pixies2005

Pixies2005 TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Jan 14, 2017
    Australia
    Bought a blem Tone Press during the Black Friday sale and I’m mightily impressed.

Dunnigan likes this.

2. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    It's the new reissue. I am new to fuzz pedals, let's say it's not subtle, but fun.

Minimalist518 and blowtorch like this.

3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I was wondering but saw that minimalist asked.
    Those originals are wicked expensive.
    I have a Civil War clone, a violet Ram clone, two original black Russians, a NYC RI, three Blackout Effectors Blunderbuss and Musket, uh, I think that's it.
    Muffs are terrible!
    Muffs are great!

WRT Christmas stomps, after I bought the Fulltone Octafuzz, I put an offer in on a Dead Astronaut X Fuzz, which is a pretty oddball octave up ring mod fuzz pedal at the fringes of acceptable guitar society. We'll see, might be cool, here's a demo by the designer. Oh, the Texas pawn shop accepted my offer and it's on its way!

Minimalist518 likes this.

4. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    I treated myself (I've been *gooooood*) to a 40th Anniversary DS-1.

It'll most likely sit in the box for a while, but since they're only being made this year, I figured I'd pick one up.

Staypuft1652 and karpis like this.

5. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Another Trio pedal here.

6. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    HeadRush if that counts as a pedal?

:)

7. BobTheOwl

BobTheOwl TDPRI Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sheffield UK
    The wife got me 2 pedals - the Boss RC-3 looper and an EH Hot Wax. The looper is great fun, although ive not done anything more than play a few chords to solo over and the Hot Wax has some tones in it that i can definitely make use of.

Got to spend some time tinkering with my board to make them fit!

8. beninma

beninma Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Got my other stuff in the mail yesterday. I played with the Obscura a little bit and the Orange 2-stroke but didn't get very far... not productive as I'm learning "Runnin with the Devil" this week and they're not real applicable.

The Beat Buddy Mini is awesome though! I love it. It's exactly what I've been looking for. I plugged it into the Aux jack on my THR5 and it sounds great, and it's so set and forget you can just use it in place of a metronome and it's so much fun and a great practice tool. I am sure I'll use it a lot and it will help me a lot. I couldn't really nail down the riffs in runnin with the Devil right on the beat but I threw it on a slow Blues song and was able to play a shuffle right along with it and stay locked in. I have had a really hard time finding a good solution to a swing beat to play along with (tried iPad apps and stuff like that) and the Beatbuddy just totally nails it with 0 effort.

9. chesire

chesire Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 17, 2010
    The Ol' Pueblo
    I got a Skreddy 109 fuzz. Wow! Seriously versatile silicon beast.

10. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    I got a joyo American sound, a bass muff, and a boss oc3.

11. Colors

Colors Tele-Meister

May 12, 2016
    Nebraska
    Yeah pretty sure it was based on a Fuzz Face circuit, also has a rangemaster top boost kinda thing.

12. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

Sep 10, 2012
    Lithuania, Vilnius
    My recent birthday gift vouchers was spent on DS-1 4A too. Rationale for buying one was almost identical;)

13. Besquire

Besquire Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2017
    DE

14. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2014
    london
    Xotic EP boost. TrueType astonished how this has made everything sound better in the chain. Wish I bought one years ago

Danjabellza likes this.

15. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    No, it is not subtle. It is not subtle at all! There were times I felt like I was stomping on a jet engine ignition switch with that thing!
    It can give a warm, round almost woodwind-like tone that you just can’t get from any other fuzz. It’s like a big bamboo flute...but brutally loud, armor plated and painted olive drab, of course.

16. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    My in laws got me a second hand M13 which I’ve been craving since I sold my last one. I primarily use it for verb/delay sounds. Especially since I got the Supa-trem earlier this year.

17. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Beware!!! I had one for a long time(I’ll definitely get another) but it got to the point where I HATED the sound of my rig with it off the board. I sold it partially because I was turning into an EP boost junkie, and I wanted to get back to loving my rig like I did before I had it, so away it went.

18. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Yeah, when I bought it, the guy at the store called it a war machine, you could definitely start and win a war with that thing.
    I got the volume pretty low and still it gives a huge boost. I think you got it right about the jet engine ignition.
    Anyways, nice toy

Minimalist518 likes this.

19. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Just got in on the Stupid Deal of the Day Pigtronix Rototron.

20. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    The trick to taming a fuzz is to back off your guitar volume, sometimes a lot, and then compensating by increasing either the out level of the pedal, or the amp volume.

karpis and Anode100 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.