Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New car day!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by haggardfan1, Oct 4, 2017.

1. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    My girlfriend's car, a 2010 Nissan Maxima Sport Edition, got totaled a couple of weeks ago, and we decided to upgrade to an SUV for more passenger room, since we have one just turned teenager and twins in fifth grade.

We narrowed it down to three choices: Ford Explorer, Buick Enclave, or a Nissan Pathfinder. The Enclave was by far the quietest, and roomy beyond belief even in the third row of seats, but pricey. The Explorers we drove were nice, but somehow we just didn't bond with any of them.

Yesterday she got a 2014 Pathfinder Platinum, with just under 36,000 odometer miles. The only thing either one of us remotely dislikes is that it is black; but we'll just have to wash it a bit more often. It has everything but hot and cold running water--it's fully loaded and really a nice solid vehicle. It was in our budget ballpark, and by far the lowest mileage one-owner car that we found in the time available. It's also the second quietest of everything we looked at, running second only to the Buicks.

I knew all along she kind of wanted another Nissan; the controls are laid out much like what she's used to, and the Pathfinder is slightly smaller than the other SUVs we considered and so a bit easier to maneuver. It's rated for seven passengers and the third seat has respectable room, so we're tickled with it. Oh, and the insurance is significantly cheaper than on her Maxima :D.

Thanks for all your suggestions over in my "oh god I need a pre-owned car" thread. We haven't even taken any pictures of it yet; I'll post some as soon as I get a chance.

2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    nice...good luck with it!

haggardfan1 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.