Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New burger ideas?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Oct 4, 2017.

1. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I've perfected a few hamburger seasonings over the years, and my family really enjoys it. I firing up the grill on Friday night for a cookout (not a BBQ)... and might be interested in trying something new.

Do you do anything special for homemade, hand-patted, grilled burgers?

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Guacamole with jalapeños and red salsa. Are avocados out of season now, though? haven't had one in a spell.

TheGoodTexan likes this.

3. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    From HAM-burger to SPAM-burger?

4. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    Is there a Krispy Kreme store nearby?

Grux, teleamp and Johnson johnson like this.

5. BigDaddyLH

Slice of grilled pineapple, too? BDLH and Brutha Iz approved!

[​IMG]

drf64 and Mr Green Genes like this.

6. 4 Cat Slim

4 Cat Slim Friend of Leo's

Oct 17, 2012
    Nelson City TX
    Hey, GoodTexan, FYI Texas-based hamburger chain Whataburger announced this week that they will
    be adding a burger made with Mexican Style Chorizo to its menu. I'm not sure I'll want to try that
    creation, I don't especially care for chorizo, myself.

TheGoodTexan and Nubs like this.

7. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I'm probably an anomaly. I just love a beef burger seasoned liberally on the outside only with salt and pepper. No other seasonings. Mustard (maybe catsup and mayo), pickles, lettuce and cheese are acceptable.

If we are feeling feisty, the kids sometimes ask us to add an over medium egg and bacon, and that works out great. So that would be my serious suggestion. Cheeseburger, salt and pepper, over-medium egg and bacon.

8. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    I likes me some peanut butter and fried jalapenos on a burger.

:D

popthree and Steve Holt like this.

9. BigDaddyLH

Are the Aussies all sleeping right now? They slap on a slice of beet, which is second only to putting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

10. LPDR Band

LPDR Band TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Myrtle Beach
    Something I like to do is make two really thin patties, put a slice of cheese in the middle and pat them together so theyre basically one burger. Cook them and the cheese melts on the inside :) "JUICY LUCYS" is what we call them.

Oh yeah, and pineapples were made to be put on burgers !!

TheGoodTexan likes this.

11. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Yup I saw a recipe for cheese stuffed burgers a while back. Those look GOOOOOOD! Juicy Lucys is pretty much the same thing. Give it a go!

LPDR Band likes this.

12. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    Liberally salted hand minced chuck, grilled on lump with American, lettuce, tomato and bacon on a Martin's potato bun.

It's what's for dinner at my house tonight.

13. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Tele-Afflicted

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Put on a lower heated grill, Splash the top side with soy sauce, dust with garlic powder, when you flip it splash and dust the cooked side while it finishes.
    Serve with a little sliced red onion, or not. Known as Special style.

TheGoodTexan likes this.

14. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    I ate at Whataburger once.
    ONCE....

rcole_sooner and xafinity like this.

15. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Meister

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    Ever check out the bbq pit boys on youtube? They have all kinds of burger ideas.

TheGoodTexan likes this.

16. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

sometimes we get this stuff called 'Dales'. its a liquid seasoning that is pretty good for marinating your burger patties in.. doesn't take long.. 30 minutes is plenty.

sometimes i do half ground pork and half venison. that is pretty awesome for a burger.

peanut butter is really good on burgers, especially with some fresh/slightly grilled jalapeno.

Obsessed likes this.

17. dkmw

dkmw Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    Finally a food thread, I was starting to think something was wrong with Bad Dog because we've had so many car threads lately.

I'm a burger purist so I probably don't have anything unique to contribute. I usually do a combo of chuck and round, kind of laminated into a patty so one side is chuck. That fatty side gets seasoned liberally with Tony Chachere's and a heap of black pepper. Grilled to med rare as fast as possible. American cheese goes on as soon as they flip. A good roll, toasted. Mayo, jalapeño, big slice of onion, and lettuce/tomato optional.

Hey, maybe I do have something unique. Sometimes I put fresh cilantro on my burger.

Rospo and TheGoodTexan like this.

18. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    I tried something different last time. Caviat: When I cook, I tend not to write things down, and I never do things quite the same way. I also, tend to open the spice cabinet and let my whims be my guide. Anyway...

I mixed an egg and some olive oil together with some of the seasonings and mixed that in with my beef. The seasoning that I mixed together consisted of some granulated garlic, cardamon, a bit of cayenne, some turmeric, celery salt, paprica, and some salt and pepper. I sprinkled some of this atop the patties before putting them on the grill. They were imho the best burgers I'd ever had.

19. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Holic

May 1, 2017
    Denver, CO
    Step 1: ditch the salad on the burger, no one really likes crispy and chunky water anyway (lettuce and tomato, respectively)...

Then, use a little too much melty cheese (processed is better, cheddar style cheese set back up too quickly), a few pickles, chipotle mayo, grilled onions, and a toasted buttered bun. Burgers shouldn't be fancy or good for you.

Corn-on-the-cob season is over :cry: so mix it up with the sides to keep things interesting, no need to mess with the burger if you've got it down!

TheGoodTexan likes this.

20. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Tele-Afflicted

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    Wow, nobody's said it so I will. Hamburger patties can be thin or thick but they have to be 70-30 ground beef. The fat content is important. And then you mix this in it and it's perfect:

th.jpg

popthree likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.