Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Blues Jr IV Tweed for $439

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Gmountain, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
  2. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
    My goof. The title is wrong. It's a Pro Jr.

3. Telepi

Telepi Tele-Afflicted

Apr 22, 2009
    Missouri
    “Click Bait”. Got me to look.

4. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2008
    Tujunga California
    The last lacquered tweed version said it had a plywood cab, this one says particle board. I guess that was the III version.
    Al

5. LuthRavin

LuthRavin Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 28, 2011
    Eugene, Oregon
    Just watched that video..I'm wondering what that third 12ax7in the video discription will be used for..an extra tube is my guess..in the speck section its revealed that there are really only two...doh...I might try one..It'll be louder then my 65 Vibro Champ at 15 watts..and different tone with El-84"s ..but how much different than my Tweed Blues Jr. ..no reverb..10" speaker..lighter..The Jr. isn't heavy anyway..mmmm.. might be worth a trial run

antelopebob likes this.
  6. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2008
    Tujunga California
    That video doesn't represent what the Pro Jr. can really do, a great broken up sound when cranked up a bit. He must have had the volume on 2 in that demonstration.
    Al

7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    My PJIV flat out rocks. Had some OD and delay @ practice last night and was on fire! Paid full retail for mine but no complaints. Once the speaker breaks in, look out!

havlma1 likes this.
  8. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Looked like it was on 7 in the vid....not bad but probably just fresh out of the box. Amp needs some playtime. My band guys were at first like “you gonna be able to keep up?”, everyone raves about it now. We’re a bar band but one you don’t need earplugs to see. PJ really keeps up. I am as surprised as anyone, but digging the load in

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.