Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Black CVC!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by nadzab, Mar 13, 2013.

1. nadzab

nadzab Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2009
    New England
    Just received a black CVC from Sweetwater (hence the candy). This is going to be a body donor for an Esquire build, but I had to shoot a few photos since it's pretty neat-looking as-is. I thought I wouldn't care for the painted headstock, but it's actually pretty cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plays well too...the action is set way too low for my taste, but it is buzz-free with no fretting out. Fit & finish are essentially perfect. Neck profile is the typical skinny CVC - I'm looking forward to Esquiring it using my Classic '50s neck. I know it will be anachronistic, but I think it's going to look sharp:

[​IMG]

2. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Congratulations, looks great.

3. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    beautiful and elegant.

i think the esquire treatment will look cool too. more pics after the changeover please.

4. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't usually like painted headstocks, but black+rosewood work well together. Awe+some.

6. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    It's odd to me that your only options if you want a double bound black tele is a $399 Squier or a $1,700.00 AVRI if you can even find one.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

There are several Chinese-made T-style guitars from other vendors, but Fender doesn't have many models in the game. Too labour-intensive?

8. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Oct 16, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    That's going to look sweet with the 50's neck on it!

9. lewis

lewis Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Colorado
    Let us know how it turns out.

10. boosh

boosh Tele-Holic

Aug 7, 2006
    Gordon (Scotland)
    Excellent looking guitar and great project your putting together, I'm very tempted to do something very similar. I had a Japanese tele custom in white years back and the previous owner put a CIJ 50s neck on it, loved that guitar but stupidly sold it when the band broke up.

I'm thinking of getting the white version of this guitar (when it comes to the UK), wiring for an esquire with the AVRI 62 bridge pup (excellent in an esquire BTW), black 3 ply guard, and a maple baja neck.

Did this project recently with the CVC sunburst body, great guitar but I wanted white or black for the body rather than burst. Still got the baja neck, the pup and the wiring (currently in my highway 1 Texas) to put it all back together in due course, just need to source a body first.

Enjoy your new guitar and enjoy your project even more when you get it assembled.

11. nadzab

nadzab Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2009
    New England
    Thanks guys, I'll definitely post pics when the "Esquiring" is complete!

12. JayBeezy42

JayBeezy42 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2012
    Kansas
    I think I remember seeing that Andertons and GAK had them when I was Googling around before I ordered my Olympic White one from Sweetwater.

13. boosh

boosh Tele-Holic

Aug 7, 2006
    Gordon (Scotland)
    I see Andertons has them, £310 for the black but £364 for the white. I'll wait for them to become more readily available before I take the plunge. GAK has them at £310, but advises to "please call" regarding stock = none in stock.

I prefer to buy gear used wherever possible so may wait a while before pulling the trigger. Just ordered a Yamaha THR5 and bought a Gibson Les Paul Junior last month so cash is a little tight just now for gear purchases.

14. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2013
    United States
    Yes... I was wondering when we would get an NGD on this model.

Also wondering when MF will be getting these in stock, if at all.

15. nadzab

nadzab Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2009
    New England

I've always been an MF customer, and this was my first purchase from Sweetwater...I have to say, being able to pick the exact guitar (with the weights listed) was cool, and the effort they put into the whole post-sale experience is pretty impressive.

16. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    looks very nice! congrats!

17. Tony Ounsworth

Tony Ounsworth Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2013
    Herne Bay
    Nice to see these in peoples' hands. I'm going to get one as soon as they are released in the UK. Already got the 3TSB model, but want to get a black three play scratch and mod this new CVC to look like this:

[​IMG]

None more black!

18. AngelStrummer

AngelStrummer Friend of Leo's

Jun 26, 2007
    London
    Very cool. Johny Cash would be proud. :cool:

19. nadzab

nadzab Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2009
    New England
    That will look sharp, Tony.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.