Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Amp: Mustang I v2

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by burnsbert, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ctte2112

ctte2112 Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2011
    USA
    Try the Deluxe Reverb model with gain on 5 (touch sensitive tubiness, but still clean), bright switch on, treble 8, middle 5, and bass 6, with a little compression and spring reverb. With my Strat and V1 Mustang I it sounds great.

2. hotpepper

hotpepper Tele-Meister

Mar 14, 2013
    no. il.
    It's soon to come my man. Got the vid, just need to edit and load.

3. rokett

rokett Tele-Meister

Jun 26, 2010
    Berlin/Germany
    I own the Mustangs I, II and III (V1). Am I ever missing an Orange, Hiwatt or high gain Marshall/Diezel/Engl amp setting? No! Never! But every little pony is able to reproduce excellent different Fender-Sounds.

4. NeilMcG

NeilMcG TDPRI Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Cambridge, UK
    I just got a M1v2 as a practice amp and I'm very impressed with the fender-y amp models, especially the 65twin, 65deluxe and 59bassman - they sound great with my cv50s tele.

I'd definitely agree with everyone else's opinions on the little Mustangs:
    1) the factory presets are awful (just too much gain and fx on everything)
    2) fuse on a pc is essential to get at the good sounds
    3) the higher gain amp models are not very convincing (I thought they were pretty horrible, but I wouldn't have used them anyway)
    4) the headphone sound is good (this is how I use it mostly)

All in all I think the M1 is fantastic for the money. I can't see any other amp that is anywhere close for clean-ish fender-y sounds at practice volumes.

5. ernest caruana

ernest caruana TDPRI Member

Dec 14, 2009
    malta europe

6. karnac

karnac Tele-Meister

Nov 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I plan getting one of these for my first amp. I hope the Mustang and the supporting fuse software is that good over Peavey.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.