Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

New 5F1 Build question

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by jrusto, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jrusto

jrusto TDPRI Member

I am building a 5f1 and have an output transformer from a 65 Princeton Reverb ReIssue that I would like to use. Is this possible? There are 3 wires on the primary side a red, brown and blue. I figure the red goes to the rectifier pin 8, and the blue goes to the 6v6 pin 3. What is the brown for? I have attached a schematic of the Princeton if that will help. Or here is a link to the PRRI schematic.

http://support.fender.com/schematics/guitar_amplifiers/65_Princeton_Reverb_schematic.pdf

Attached Files:

2. mlst

mlst TDPRI Member

Princton Reverb is a push/pull amp. 5F1 is a Single Ended design....You should use a OT built for a Single Ended amp. They not expensive... You can get them for as little as $25.

3. jrusto

jrusto TDPRI Member

Thanks for the info. I have one already I was going to use for another project .

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.