Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Netflix Lost in Space reboot?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Apr 15, 2018.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Is anyone else enjoying this? I'm generally tired of reboots but I think they did a very good job with this.

We are having horrible ice storms here (in April!) so I binge watched 4 episodes yesterday. I love what they did with the Robinson family, the robot and Dr. Smith. Good story line (I think).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

naneek, MrGibbly, uriah1 and 3 others like this.

2. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    Watched 3 episodes so far. I am liking it too.

ZackyDog likes this.

3. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    concerning the original from some comedy source..." I think we should split up into teams. The handsome, fit twenty something guy , you and my nubile 16 year old daughter should head out on an overnight trip, while my 13 year old son will go over those mountains w the mincing sleazy doctor."

4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    I didn't get into it on first watching. I got about halfway through the first episode and stopped. I may give it another try though.

Mike Simpson likes this.

5. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Meister

Mar 6, 2016
    Hudson Valley, NY
    +1 above. I'd rather watch the original series.

6. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2013
    Long Island
    I'm enjoying the new series.

7. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Can’t make up my mind. There are parts I like but I’m not sold on the character development just yet. It could be I have just watched to many Netflix series. The robot is really the only fun intriguing character to watch.

8. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2016
    L.A.
    The girlfriend and I are working our way through. We're on episode 5 or 6.

It's ok. Some stuff is really stupid. The wife needs to lighten up. And I don't like that the robot is basically a superhero. What's wrong with seeing regular humans doing extraordinary things with the help of reasonable technology? Why do we need to be rescued by superheroes all the time now?

Torren61 likes this.

9. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    It's on my list

10. Simpleman73

Simpleman73 Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2003
    NLR, Arkansas
    I’m 4 episodes in so far. I’m liking it too. I tried to get my 9 year old into it, but I don’t think it has enough action for him.lol

11. Utah Joe

Utah Joe TDPRI Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I really enjoyed the original series when I was a kid. Is the new version appropriate for kids in the 8-9 year old range?

12. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    I’m liking it too, purely because I find it different and entertaining. I tend to forgive realism discrepancies if I’m suitably entertained.

thunderbyrd and fendertx like this.

13. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    I'm watching, now on the fifth episode. I take it for what it is, aloosely based reboot of an old show. I watched the original re-runs as a kid. I seem to have no problem taking the reboot as is.

Yeah it has a few character development flaws, but most shows do. I am enjoying it as family friendly sci fi adventure. The new season of Bosch is streaming now, so I am splitting my TV time between he two.

14. Simpleman73

Simpleman73 Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2003
    NLR, Arkansas
    So far I’d say yes. I haven’t heard and bad words in it and it’s not really scary.

My 9 year old only made it 30 minuets in and he wanted to do something else.

Torren61 likes this.

15. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    I watched the first episode today while I was troubleshooting audio problems with the home theater setup. (Broken wire to the front right speaker.) The series is "okay". I'll watch a few more episodes and see how it goes.

I just finished five seasons of Longmire, so space is a nice change from Wyoming.

2blue2, fendertx and thesamhill like this.

16. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA area
    I watched it a little. It was Ok to have on in the background while I was doing some other stuff, but then at some point there was some sort of plot development (trying to avoid spoilers here) in a cave with two characters? I admit I wasn't paying super-close attention but I get kind of tired of the "good guy knows the bad guy is doing something bad but can't act because of ethical compromise/blackmail/mind control" plot. If that's even what that was- as I said, I wasn't watching too close. That plot basically ruined a Netflix series for me that's based on one of my favorite book series ever (again trying not to spoil even a little but it's the one about a sheriff in a non-coastal Western US state).

EDIT: @Rich_S LOL

Torren61 likes this.

17. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2016
    Midwest, USA
    It's a big deviation from the original. Nice, but not very much amused.

Torren61 likes this.

18. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA

If you liked Longmire you will love the Longmire book series by Craig Johnson the Netflix series is based on. The books are so much better and the characters including Vic and Bear are so much better and widly fun.

thesamhill and moosie like this.

19. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    The original TV series is a "tough act to follow", so to speak:

upload_2018-4-15_15-8-42.png

duzie, 2blue2, uriah1 and 1 other person like this.

20. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2013
    Humboldt County, CA
    So far, meh

Bill, thesamhill and rad1 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.