Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Neil Young harmonica mics

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by conorcoughlanmu, Apr 13, 2012.

1. conorcoughlanmu

conorcoughlanmu Tele-Meister

Jan 11, 2011
    Saskatoon
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any insight on Neil Young's harmonica mics. I'd like to get something like them but am unsure of what they are or where to look. Here's a picture...
    http://starling.rinet.ru/music/sleeves/zap_young.jpg
    I've read somewhere that they could just be wireless lavalier mics, but how would that work with the wireless transmitter etc. If that's the case and they are wireless lavalier mics, would a cheap pair like this do the job without sounding bad? Or would they sound just awful?
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Wireless...543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae62f1b77
    Thanks alot!

2. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Dec 28, 2007
    Wimauma Florida
    Those look like saxophone mikes but don't know the brand.

I played with a guy who used one like them.

3. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I play harp and guitar at same time. Bullets were not the answer.
    I found an old shure56..looks like 57...great for normal mic booms.
    aka: Paul Butterfield mike

4. marky

marky NEW MEMBER!

Apr 12, 2012
    Lummi Island, WA
    Hi,
    I met the guy who makes the mikes two years ago. He owns a walnut stand outside of Chico, California right on the highway and builds the mikes to order in the back. I don't know if that will help you find them or not. Good luck.
    Marky

5. cband7

cband7 Friend of Leo's

Oct 27, 2007
    Thule, Greenland

6. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2003
    Sonoran Desert
    I think Neil Young is using the AMT HR3 harmonica mic with the wireless system. At least that's what I heard recently.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.