Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Need wiring help

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by bluescaster72, Jun 19, 2017.

1. bluescaster72

bluescaster72 Tele-Holic

Mar 4, 2009
    pennsylvaina
    Replaced some pickups in a Jackson shread guitar and for whatever reason I do not get the middle position.

This is a dual humbucker model. I get the bridge and I get the neck, but the kicker is the neck and middle position are the same no change in tone .

I used a Fender 3 way switch as that is the easiest diagram to follow . but it's quite odd that it didn't just work as planned.

I am not a novice to electrical or wiring . So it kind of is confusing . new switch by the way .

2. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Are these pickups a set?

If they are not you might have a severe mismatch in pickups. If they are sold as a set, I wouldn't think that would be an issue. But measuring each pickup with a multimeter may help.

You may have a bad solder joint on the switch..

3. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Is it an Oak or CRL switch, or is it one of the imports? Can you post a clear picture of the wiring?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. tessting1two

tessting1two Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2014
    Southern California
    Jimmy Jazz likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.