Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Need to pull the trigger. TH30 or TSA30?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bastonge, Dec 13, 2016.

1. bastonge

bastonge TDPRI Member

May 27, 2010
    argentina
    Hi guys
    Im letting my Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue go. Im not playing with a band atm, and that amplifier is huge for my needs having no wattage selector. I play home mostly. (r&B, rock, nothing high gain)

I have 2 bids for my amp. One including a TH30 and one including a TSA30.

The difference between these 2 bids: With the TSA i got 3 times cash as i get for the th30

Pros for TSA:
    More money
    Its almost new
    I could resell it without losing a lot of money

Cons:
    Dont like ibanez
    I had never bought this amp without being part of a deal
    It has no attenuator so 30w is still very loud for home use
    i couldnt care less for the add Tube screamer circuit. (using this feature to sell an amplifier its a nonse as if you really like TS sound, you just can get a pedal)
    I dont know if i'll be able to buy the th30 later, having budget for gear being married is not very easy.

Pros for TH30
    I really like this amp. Had a DT and loved it.
    Attenuator to 7.5 15 and 30w
    its in a very good shape too

Cons for th30
    Less money
    i have no cabinet so i need to buy one.
    no reverb (not much of a con really)

I have no bids for the total asking price of the Fender so there are no more options to consider.
    I need to decide what to do.

I appreciate your help

2. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Jul 6, 2010
    Very Deep South
    th30 all the way! but the cash part of the deal is a factor.

I'm a big time orange fan. i think you would have more fun and versatility.

3. theprofessor

theprofessor Tele-Afflicted

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yes, go with the Orange amp that you like, anyway. I don't think you'll be happy with an amp you would not otherwise want.

4. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Missoula, Montana
    I have the TH30 in a 1x12 combo, and it's a versatile little amp. It's a workable living-room amp on the dirt channel, as there's a master volume, and it sounds good all the way up the volume dial -- at which point it'll handle any gig I'm likely to play. Clean sounds are surprisingly good, and the edge-of-breakup sounds are terrific. I almost never use full-on distortion mode but it sounds great when I do. Bought it for cheap, just on a whim, and it's been a real fun amp.

5. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I'm not following the premise. If the 40w, Master Volume-equipped Blues Deluxe is too big and loud for your current needs, why are you looking at two 30w amps to replace it?

The difference between 30w and 40w is negligible. And depending on circuit design and speaker efficiency, the 30w can easily be louder!

The 1/2 wattage selector on the TH30 may help a bit. But for context, I easily use a 15w Orange Tiny Terror in my quieter band, onstage. And have ample headroom to spare. On the 1/2 watt selector for that amp, it is still a bit too loud for home use, even with the Gain set higher than the Master (with the Master at maybe 10 o'clock).

So I would suggest a Tiny Terror AT MOST and more realistically, a modeler.

6. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Missoula, Montana
    wellsir, with the TH30 you can disable two of the tubes, then you can switch to half-power mode, then you've got a master vol on the dirt channel, so you can get pretty damn small with the thing. On the other hand, I'm living in a house by myself, so no loved ones or shared-wall neighbors to complain. But it works for me.

And at full power, all the tubes working, its a beastlet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.