Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Need help! Identifying tele.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Grig15, Jun 19, 2017 at 2:50 AM.

1. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    Keep running! Have you tried looking at the Thomman website for a new guitar?

Grig15 likes this.
  2. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    Maine
    Any time someone says they have a legit USA Tele they are willing to sell for half price, you have two choices: Run, or bend over and get ready. Fake-o-caster.

heltershelton, Grig15 and Tuxedo Poly like this.
  3. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    I dont know that site, will search tanks!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    :D:D:D

Blue Bill likes this.
  6. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Meister

As previously noted not highly likely it is a Fender product of any kind. Even the Squier stuff maintains a relation to the correct head shape. I recommend as others have to wait until you have a better choice. This would be a waste of good money for something worth less than a bad Squier.

Grig15 likes this.
  7. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    Very interesting price for that 2nd link guitar! What do you think if I buy one of these and put some quality pickups will it sound like mexican tele ? Or there are many things to do? Im newbie for this but very interested

8. 5ofeight

5ofeight Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2016
    Glasgow
    I honestly don't know Grig, I am happy playing my Affinity telecaster with its Squier pickups. Harley Benton are getting a good name as a lower priced guitar..different pickups will make it sound different ..lool

9. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    Grig, if you were looking at a 500 Euro guitar originally you might want to look a bit further up the page than the basic Harley Benton. A decent standard Squier or even better, one of the cv series will get you a nice guitar which is easy to mod down the line if you feel the need.

Grig15 likes this.
  10. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    Thanks! Looking for squires now. And did you know something about classic player triple telecaster? Found it new for 550$ does it sound like normal tele, I don't like neck pickup position of it...

11. Telegazer

Telegazer Tele-Holic

May 6, 2008
    Republic of Korea
    $550 is a decent price, if VAT is not an issue for you :)

I've found the CP Triple Tele to be mostly a "hot Strat" with chunky 2 & 4 position quack, which may or may not be to your liking...Very rock-oriented sound with nice bridge Tele tone, but the neck sound doesn't have that signature mellow roundness to it and overall it's a very aggressive sounding instrument with less classic tone than I'd prefer in a Telecaster. Still, if I had just one guitar to play for a year, I'd probably find it more than sufficient for all kinds of music, and it's very well built.

And greetings from a (Western) half-Hye, very distant cousin! My grandmother was a post-WWI survivor from Hadjin and my grandfather was from Constantinople.

Grig15 likes this.
  12. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    Thank you for good information!!!! That is all I want to hear. I like the neck pickup sound of classic tele and won't go for that tripple.

Wow!!! world is round! Im so happy to meet relatives here.

13. Telegazer

Telegazer Tele-Holic

May 6, 2008
    Republic of Korea
    Likewise! Good to be in touch with you here on TDPRI, and good luck with your choice of Telecaster.

Astvats orhni kez ~ !

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.