Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Need help! Identifying tele.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Grig15, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    hello friends! Please help me another time identifying is this tele looks ok or no? In ads page it says us telecaster. But the price is small 500$. He says that need money fast, but I want to chek, because he have also les paul standart for 650$.

Small price is no surprice for our country, here guitars not so popular. so it can be true

Attached Files:

2. Guitar137335

Guitar137335 TDPRI Member

Mar 1, 2017
    London
    Not sure about the Tele but is the Les Paul a Gibson? 650$ for a Gibson Les Paul standard seems too good to be true, could be a fake.

Grig15 likes this.

3. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    Headstock looks wrong. Too pointy. Where's the truss rod plug/insert?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. LowCaster

LowCaster Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2011
    Paris, France
    That's not a question. No woden trussrod plug = fake. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Fake Fender and Gibson are everywhere. When someone buy a new expensive guitar, they will keep papers, bill, proofs, and then you can check if the guitar really looks like it should, according to serial number and year of production, model.

The good thing is that you don't even need to see the Gibson.

Grig15 and heltershelton like this.

6. Henry

Henry Tele-Holic Ad Free + Supporter

Jan 2, 2012
    Australia
    Logo and "Telecaster" font look highly sus', it's also interesting that there are no pictures of the back of the guitar. Is that bridge a US standard? Looks like a $20 Asian aftermarket to me, $9.16 on Bezdez. I'm no expert but I wouldn't buy it Grig. Is there any way you can do business outside of Armenia? Like Germany or Italy, maybe even Greece? I would think buying in Armenia has more pitfalls than Brexit (no political comment intended).
    Have you any woodworking skills? Make one. :twisted:

Grig15 and heltershelton like this.

7. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Meister

Sep 14, 2016
    not houston
    that tele is definitely a fake. no walnut insert in the truss rod access and the shape of the headstock is all wrong. US fenders always have the walnut insert and the MIM fenders have black plastic inserts.
    also, the 12th fret markers are too far apart...they should be closer together.

blue metalflake and Grig15 like this.

8. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    As above- the bridge, the truss rod adjustment access and the logo are signs that it is a fake. $100-150 guitar.

Grig15 likes this.

9. oldfish

oldfish Tele-Meister

Aug 23, 2015
    uk
    leave well alone nothing looks right on that

Grig15 likes this.

10. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    Thanks all of you! You helping me so much

11. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    My woodworking skills are 0, but I have relatives coming from UK next mount. They can bring some guitar. Mexican tele will be good for me too!!! Today I listened that on market liked sound very much. But the price is very hight 800$. My budget is 500$

12. jackinjax

jackinjax Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    Not sure I've seen a legitimate Fender with the double "registered trademark" symbol after Fender and also after Telecaster. Maybe legit, I just don't recall seeing it before.

[​IMG]

Grig15 likes this.

13. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    I have to agree. To many things don't look right including that bridge.

Dan R and Grig15 like this.

14. Henry

Jan 2, 2012
    Australia
    Don't know what to suggest to you Grig. Maybe you could find a reputable Chinese or Korean factory that spits out decently made bodies and necks and just upgrade the pickups and controls? Wouldn't know where to point you but I'm certain there are better cheap guitars around these days than there were 30 years ago. If you're patient and smart, willing to learn how to solder, I reckon you could cobble together a pretty good guitar. The other option is to seek out all the fakes you seem to be surrounded by, find one that feels good but doesn't sound right, talk the seller down to your budget (minus the upgrades you know you'll have to do) and do a nut, tuners, pickups and controls renovation.
    There's a lot to be said for taking a decent platform and modding it to your taste, even more so when you seem to be limited by the market environment you deal within. Sorry about my English, but my Armenian is really dreadful

Grig15 likes this.

15. Henry

Jan 2, 2012
    Australia
    Overlooked the bit about your relatives coming out from the UK pal. Your budget is about £390, yes? Can anyone over there in the UK suggest a decent Tele copy that could serve as a springboard for modding?

This won't go far enough Grig. Start another thread asking for help from the UK TDPRI community. Try Roy B Good Britshbigsby boy and Tony 474 if you can connect you'll get results, I'm sure.
    Good luck mate, keep on twangin'

Grig15 likes this.

16. Grig15

Grig15 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Armenia
    Thank you very much for advice! Im good with soldering and electronics, so this will work for me good! Thanks!!!

17. Henry

Jan 2, 2012
    Australia
    No worries, hope the rest of 2017 brings you the best.

18. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Holic

Nov 26, 2014
    London
    I'd have a look at Thomann. Their Harley Benton range are well respected at a low price. Yes the quality can vary and there is the odd poor example, but they do a 30 day no questions asked refund policy. They are based in Germany. I don't know if they ship directly to Armenia, but shipping to the UK is 3/4 days when I've used them.

19. Ripradiant

Ripradiant Tele-Holic

Jul 31, 2014
    Alberta Canada
    As already mentioned that truss rod hole is a dead giveaway.

20. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Holic

Dec 21, 2012
    england
    That is the type of thing from the Alibaba website
    Take the decals off it and $350.00 off the price and it is probably a decent guitar

21. 5ofeight

5ofeight Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2016
    Glasgow

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.