Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Need build ideas / OD

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by tacomamc, May 19, 2017.

1. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    I've built a DOD OD 250, the MXR distortion Plus, Devi Ever Sodameiser, and a Triangle Muff. The Muff was on a purchased PCB, the rest are veroboard. I'd like to build another OD, maybe something to replace my tube screamer. What's a good choice here? Could the OD 250/ Distortion + be modified for a mid boost, or is there another circuit I should be looking at? I'd prefer to build something with the components I've got, but certainly can make an order if I need a particular chip, or different value caps.

2. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    Take a look at how the high pass/low pass filtering and gain are done in a TS and Rat and try some similar things in the OD250.

3. tubejockey

tubejockey Tele-Meister

Nov 25, 2015
    the bozone
    For lower gain, try a Barber LTD Silver. For higher gain, try a Fulltone Plimsoul. Both have lovely mids.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Holic

Oct 24, 2012
    southern California
    If I were to build from scratch, I believe I'd want a 3 channel low volt tube pedal that afforded me 3 distinct and accurate tones.......1. Blackface clean 2. Tweed 3. high gain Marshall.

6. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    I listened to some plimsoul demos..... that's the one. Thanks guys, I'll be building that one. I have most of what I need.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.