Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Neck pickup that will play well with v mod bridge?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by death-to-yancey, Oct 1, 2017.

1. death-to-yancey

death-to-yancey TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Indiana
    ***My apologies but I didn’t realize there was a sub forum better suited for my question. I posted it over in the “just pickups” sub forum, so please delete if necessary.***

Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been kicking around the idea of changing pickups in my American Professional, and have a few sets in mind that sound like what I am after (yardbird set from bare knuckle in the lead, brown sugar, Twisted Tele, and Texas specials etc), but while the v mod neck still leaves me a little cold, the bridge pickup has begun to grow on me in a big way. It sounds fantastic to my ears, and I’d now like to keep it and find a neck pup that would play well with it while giving me a little more output and bite. I don’t hate the neck pup so I’m not in a huge hurry and plan on making sure I find the right pup for what I want. I play mostly blues and classic rock, not a super distorted metal player. I love the tone of Clapton (who doesn’t), Keef, and the like. I don’t play out or in a band and the only amps I use are a fender champion 40 and an orange crush 20rt analog solid state amp. No pedals right now but looking to start building a board.

So what say you knights of all things Telecaster? I know no one can tell me what will work for me, but hearing what works for you will help me in my research.

Thanks everybody as always!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.