Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NDG arrives and you find this........

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Larry K. Williams, Oct 3, 2017.

1. FirTrader

FirTrader Tele-Meister

Jan 8, 2017
    Alberta Canada
    To me, the ding is nothing. If you play the guitar it'll have a little buckle rash, it'll take a few bumps. So I think I'd try to determine if this is a really great guitar, and if it is, the I'd just keep it. 50 bucks or 100 bucks is just... nothing here, to me. You could get the next guitar in your hands and it might not have a ding, and it might play kinda crappy or the neck might not feel so good... if you have a winner on your hands as a player.... don't let it go just because of some silly cosmetic thing.

It's real nice of Sweetwater to make the offer they did, I'm impressed. But I'd ignore it IF the guitar you have is real sweet.

2. FirTrader

FirTrader Tele-Meister

Jan 8, 2017
    Alberta Canada
    PS I think that guitar looks incredible, nice choice on a Kotzen, but that one really looks great.

3. tce63

tce63 Tele-Holic

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden
    Looks great, if you like it, Keep it and Ask for a discount

4. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Sweetwater is super easy to deal with. If a discount is what you want a just ask.

5. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2013
    Essex UK
    +1 for this.......................very, very minor relic job!

6. Larry K. Williams

Larry K. Williams Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Athens, GA
    bsman likes this.

7. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    ThinLizzy73 likes this.

8. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

That's a really fine looking guitar. Nice flame. I'd keep it and ask for a refund or store credit.

9. theprofessor

theprofessor Tele-Afflicted

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN

10. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    I've had my eye on that case too. The nicest they make for my money. I hope they agree to provide it to you on their nickel. That would be a great deal.

Love the guitar by the way!

11. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    The case would be fair compensation in my book. I'd end up with more damage than that after a few months anyway... :oops:

I was scouring the web looking for a light (under 8 pounds) Kotzen when the Harrison models came out and I grabbed that instead.

Enjoy your new Tele. You can't see that damage from the front or when playing!

And like has been said already a little black nail polish or a touch from a black paint pen available at NAPA will make it almost invisible in like 60 seconds. I prefer the paint pen over the nail polish brush but to each their own. ;)

12. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    baldwindp likes this.

13. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Meister

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    I had a strat shipped once with the whammy bar on it. The bar made several dents in the finish. I didn't care a bit once I plugged it in and played it.

14. Rasher

Rasher Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2008
    Brighton - England
    What would worry me about exchanging it for a fresh one or doing a repair, is how you'll feel when you put the first real ding into it yourself?
    How angry with yourself will you feel?
    Much easier to take a pragmatic approach because age always wins, both for us and our guitars.

Oh, and it's beautiful, just as it is, but you deserve 5-10% back.

15. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2003
    WALTHAM MA
    The nail polish approach works. You have to be somewhat artistic and careful but I've done it more than once.

Gary

16. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    If they offered that case say deal and run for the hills (also I'd get the case in tweed instead of brown). A professional repair on that finish would cost far less than the value of the case (I suspect anyway) and to be honest I wouldn't bother touching up that ding unless you plan to fix up every other ding that guitar accumulates over the next few years. It'll be one of those things you will completely forget about, unlike the nice case. One my guitars crack in the finish right on the face of the body, I know I got the thing used but the point is that I never notice it when it's on the stand, when I pick the thing up or when I play it.

Attached Files:

17. Mercyfulfate

Mercyfulfate TDPRI Member

May 14, 2017
    Tornado Alley/OK
    i would return it, a brand new guitar should be somewhat perfect.

18. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Did they offer that case?

19. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    That case sure looks like the one I got with my AVRI 64. It’s bulletproof, if much heavier than expected. Both catches need to be doublechecked, they need a little persuasion sometimes.

20. Larry K. Williams

Larry K. Williams Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Athens, GA
    Case is on the way. I like the case color matching the guitar!!

The guitar is too good to risk a replacement.

Lake Placid Blue and Asmith like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.