Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

NDBGD - New Daphne Blue Guitar Day - I Love CL Trading!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Chud, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Someone a while back was lamenting people who keep putting things on CL at a price that doesn't sell, and why don't they drop their price. My response was that I do that all the time and just wait for the right person who comes along and wants what I have at the price I'm willing to accept, or with the trade I'm looking for.

I picked up an Epiphone SG at a Best Buy closing a while back that I just really didn't bond with and never played, so it's been up on CL for the last few months for $200 with a gig bag. I bought it for $179 plus tax or so, so a $200 flip would be pretty much even. I've had a few bites and tire kickers come by and check it out. It's a nice guitar and one of the ones that actually has a non-rubber neck. The electronics and pickups aren't the greatest, but it's a Chinese Epi so it is what it is.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I got an email last night from that one person who wanted exactly what I had, and he had something that was very intriguing.

Enter - Squier Deluxe Daphne Blue Strat.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Absolutely love it thus far. Dead mint condition. The Duncan Designed PUs are very sweet, great tone, and pretty quiet. Low and slick action, love the satin maple neck. In fact, I've been looking for another maple neck git for a while now.

Straight up trade. I threw in a gig bag for the Epi, he threw in a tweed Musician's Gear case (which by the way are on sale right now for $50, might have to snag another).

Talk about a win win! :cool:

2. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity

One of my favorite strat colors ever. Sounds like a fair deal, glad it worked out for you!

3. Chud

Some pics with the case.

ForumRunner_20130823_154921.jpg

ForumRunner_20130823_154937.jpg

ForumRunner_20130823_154954.jpg

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Loco

Loco Tele-Afflicted

A most excellent choice of Daphne Blue - many congrats on securing a very handsome Strat. Like that case too!!

6. sjtalon

sjtalon Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, that and Surf Green are da bomb !!

HNGD !

7. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

I love my Epi SG... Played another that was muddy as hell though...guess I got a good one. I am however glad you got what you were looking for.. it's a gorgeous looking Strat.

8. Chud

Yeah, they're kind of hit or miss. This one had everything going for it but the pickups, which the guy i traded with was replacing anyway.

I'm waiting for the right deal on a Pelham blue sg now. I'm patient. ;)

9. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

Nice.... Good deal. That case makes the deal even better.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.