Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NBD Squier Standard Precision Bass V

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Lake Placid Blue, Dec 7, 2017 at 12:19 PM.

1. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    Mrs. Blue and I were at GC yesterday when we saw this. IMG_1800.JPG
    It’s a used 2002 Squier Precision Bass with Jazz pickups. I tried it out and loved it. She got the manager to drop the price and throw in a new set of strings. I got it home and played the heck out of it. Then I took off the strings and did my usual cleaning job with my Dunlop cleaning kit. There are a few dings and light scratches but it’s in great shape for being 15 years old. IMG_1801.JPG IMG_1802.JPG
    Now I’m going to audition for Stringbanger’s band.

brookdalebill and mnutz like this.

2. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

3. Preacher

Preacher Tele-Afflicted

Apr 17, 2007
    Big D
    Lake Placid Blue likes this.

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

5. Lake Placid Blue

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    Thank you. I saw it online and realized it was at my local GC so I got my wife to check it out with me. It was the coolest looking bass out of their entire selection. I love the color and the look of the Jazz pickups on a Precision body. Sounds as good as it looks. I’m happy.

mnutz likes this.

6. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Holic

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales

7. Lake Placid Blue

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    Thank you. I agree it seems like a great bass. I appreciate the upgrade suggestions. I’ll keep them in mind. But for now I’ll just play it like it is. I’m not really into upgrades, just replacing parts that stop working. Only because if I started upgrading I might become obsessed and make my expensive hobby even more expensive. I read somewhere (TDPRI) that it happens
    I have to say, I read somewhere that the stock pickups are for a four string bass. An upgrade might be necessary

8. Preacher

Preacher Tele-Afflicted

Apr 17, 2007
    Big D
    click the link, seems like I paid $24 for my pair...
    For less than $30 with pups and pots, that is a cheap upgrade.

Heck if I was local I would love to play it for myself and make you an offer!

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.