Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Naya telecaster? Any good?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Boundforglory07, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Boundforglory07

Boundforglory07 Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2011
    Oshawa

2. Boundforglory07

Jan 26, 2011
    Oshawa

3. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

not much info..(like usual with MIJ's from 30 years ago) but apparently they where made in Kobe Japan till an earthquake wiped out the plant...by most accounts well made guitars ...

there is a few pics of another tele model in this link...looks a bit newer than yours
    http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93485&page=1

I think you made a good deal on a rare old guitar and it's unlikely you'll ever lose money on it...rock on

4. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    It is the same as a Tele copy that I had labeled as a National FT-440, none of the parts off of a Fender Tele will fit on it. The control plate also has the output jack on it and that gets in the way if you don't have a 90 degree cord. They are not high quality guitars... the bridge and saddle are very cheap, it is not a string through. The bridge pickup was replaced on mine before the store sold it to me because it was dead. There are no parts on it that are as good as a MIM Tele. I think I sold mine for $250 or $300 on ebay.

Attached Files:

5. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    If you collect obscure Asian guitars (and there are lots of folks who do), it'd be an interesting find. But, if you're looking for a decent Tele for $200, there are more choices out there now, than ever before. Especially in the used market.

6. Boundforglory07

Jan 26, 2011
    Oshawa
    True enough. I think I'll pass on this thing

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.