Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Nashville Style Wiring Help Please

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Smiff, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Smiff

Smiff TDPRI Member

Oct 1, 2017
    UK
    Hi I’m in the process of scratch building a Tele (using some great threads on here without signing up) and have recently become interested in a Nashville style set up. I’ve done searches but not found exactly what I want.

I want a standard 3-way set up for the B, N and B+N positions and a push/pull volume pot to turn the middle pickup on/off to get B+M and M+N. (Not bothered about the middle on its own.) I want the volume and tone pots to work on all 5 positions.

Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this and ideally provide a schematic?

I’ve got plenty of experience of wiring guitars from schematics so I’m not a complete novice, just don’t have a clue how to go about getting the wiring I want. I did the Gilmour ‘neck on/off’ mod on my Strat at some point in the past, so I have used a push/pull before but it was so long ago I can’t remember what I did.

Also I’d like to use Fender ‘64 Tele pickups and a ‘69 style Strat pickup from a UK based winder (available in RWRP or none RWRP options) will this have any effect on anything if I go RWRP or is that something I’d need to ask the winder regarding the polarity of his pickup etc.? I’d use a CS ‘69 in the middle if I could get one individually but only seem to find them in sets.

2. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Easy stuff. Just wire the guitar with a normal three way switch. Connect the ground wire of the middle pickup to the back of your volume pot. Connect the hot from the pickup to one of the 'middle' lugs on your push pull switch, say lug 2. See the wire that connects your three way switch to the volume control? Run a wire from that solder lug on the volume pot lug 1 on the switch.

Push Pull Switch.png

Smiff likes this.

3. Smiff

Smiff TDPRI Member

Oct 1, 2017
    UK
    Cheers mate :) That really is easy.

Will get round to it at some point. Been on this build for 2 years with wife, kids and work distracting me lol.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.