Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Narrow 3-saddle bridge??

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Pirate, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Pirate

Pirate TDPRI Member

May 28, 2006
    Hi gang, does anyone know if there is a vintage 3 brass saddle bridge with the narrow (Gibson) spacing of 2.0625?

Thanks
    Chris

2. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You can use threaded barrel saddles to maybe make it work.

But why?

How the plate would fit, I don't have a clue.

3. tessting1two

tessting1two Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2014
    Southern California
    That's only .0625" less than normal 'vintage' tele spacing of 2 1/8". I think you can easily achieve this with threaded saddles (if you want steel) or file slots in brass saddles to achieve the spacing you want without issue. For best results set the spacing on the E-strings and then use a string spacing ruler to get the correct equal spacing of the other 4 strings.

boris bubbanov likes this.

4. Pirate

Pirate TDPRI Member

May 28, 2006
    Thanks guys. I'm planning a custom Tele build and want to use a P-90 Staple pup in the bridge position so I need the narrow Gibson size string spacing.

5. Pirate

Pirate TDPRI Member

May 28, 2006
    That Hwy1 looks good, just need a half bridge to fit the P90 in there ;-)

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I think that Highway One bridge is gonna yield a string array that's a little too wide.

Those pickups, IMO you've got to make sure neither of the outboard strings fall outside the pieces. No big deal really if the string falls slightly inside of the closest point to the magnet, but the signal falls off fast when the string is just a little more outboard than the piece.

Pirate likes this.

7. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Afflicted

Nov 25, 2011
    Perth Australia
    I went with the Gotoh hardtail Strat bridge. Just be aware of your string ferrules at the rear. The closer bridge spacings may have them too close together. I only just got away with it on my recent P90s build. You can get ferrules with no lip on the top, vintage style.

Pirate likes this.

8. Pirate

Pirate TDPRI Member

May 28, 2006

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.