Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Name an album you love every second of

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by fuzzbender, Feb 14, 2012.

1. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Garbage - Garbage..... thanks Butch and Shirley.... :cool:

so many good songs in this LP.... I'm only happy when it rains...:twisted:
    Stupid Girl, Queer, Vow...Milk..

when I first heard this song..I thought the CD stuck....:lol:

[​IMG]

2. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals -This Is Somewhere

Wilco- Sky Blue Sky

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015

3. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    I've posted before on this thread, but this is still a tough subject.

For every album I really love, there always seems to be one song that lets it down. Not that I don't like that song, just that I don't love it - or it is out of character with the rest of the album.

Perfect example: "A Wasted Life" at the end of "Long After Dark". Not a bad song on it's own, but out of character on the album.

That said...

Instrumental albums: Surfing With The Alien and Flying In A Blue Dream are both really good end to end.

4. jgfust

jgfust TDPRI Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Manchester, CT
    Electric Ladyland- Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Eat A Peach- Allman Brothers Band

5. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Jan 13, 2013
    England
    Version 2.0 does it for me. At a very turbulent period of my life that was pretty much the soundtrack.

6. dbickford

dbickford Tele-Afflicted

Jan 24, 2012
    Morgan, Vermont
    ZZ Top One Foot in the Blues

Absolutely the best ZZ Top compilation ever! Long live the Reverend.

7. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    I just bought my tickets to the R40 tour, so right now I am revisiting Rush!

Rush_2112.jpg
    Rush_A_Farewell_to_Kings.jpg
    Rush_Hemispheres.jpg
    Rush_Permanent_Waves.jpg
    Moving_Pictures.jpg

8. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States

9. Snowbird

Snowbird Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2014
    Western United States
    This has been a great thread to follow and a reminder of the huge variability in musical tastes. It seems like there's a mix between very popular, known albums and relatively more obscure ones.

I like to watch Pensado's Place and last week's episode had Randy Jackson as a guest. He said something that I disagreed with, at least partially. He said what mattered (at least to A&R people) are instant hits, not songs that require multiple listens to "get". While I do know what he's talking about, to a point, many of the songs I really like on first listen seem to lose my interest after awhile. Whereas the songs and artists that intrigue me, that make me listen to them for the second and third time just to see if I actually like the music, these are the songs and artists that I can listen to for years and even decades. And I've noticed that many of these albums on this thread are of this type (i.e) not instant hits that the masses love.

On the flip side there are a lot of artists that I loved the first time I hear them and still do (like the first Boston album that I still love it to this day, 20+ years after first hearing it). However, most of the albums I mentioned were not my favorite the first time I listened to them.

Anyway, thanks for the great thread and for all the great suggestions to check out

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

10. Snowbird

Snowbird Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2014
    Western United States

11. Jeff_K

Jeff_K Friend of Leo's

Aug 14, 2009
    Katy, TX
    Huge Rush fan also and I had the same thought...Caress of Steel? My least favorite by wide margin. But that's the beauty of this thread...to each his own! No judgment here. I love every track on Zappa's "Apostrophe" and most people turn it off after track one.

12. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, the first album and Caress of Steel are not as good as the rest, but hey... they are still rush albums :p

I love every track on Apostrophe too!

13. A.B.Negative

A.B.Negative Friend of Leo's

Aug 26, 2008
    Scotland
    Rush started "Losing It" after Signals IMHO. I much prefer the first album and Caress of Steel to Power Windows.

14. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    I love Power Windows (Big Money, Marathon, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, Territories...) and every album that followed it.

But then again, I would say that the best Rush album is which ever one that happens to be playing!

15. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    An album I love every second of?

Son Volt- Trace

16. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Tele-Afflicted

Allman Brothers - Live at the Fillmore East

17. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Dec 20, 2011
    Australia
    Great album, mentioned a couple of times already.

Surprised Wilco's Summer Teeth isn't on more lists. Too poppy for the cool kids?

Those kids won't be digging Boz Scaggs' Silk Degrees either I guess. But let me say, I'm disappointed this thread got to page 18 before it was mentioned.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.