Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NAGD: Seagull S12+

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by The Little Guy, Oct 10, 2017.

1. The Little Guy

The Little Guy Tele-Meister

May 18, 2014
    Bronte, Texas
    Well, I pulled the trigger today on a 12 string. But first, a little background.

My name is Wes, and I suffer from chronic GAS. Last year in an attempt to get my urges under control, I made a list of instruments I would like to acquire, and decided I wouldn't get anything not on the list.

Fast forward to today. I saw a Seagull 12 string pop up on Facebook. The price was attractive and I had an extra tele sitting around begging to be traded.

I met the guy, played the Seagull, and decided it was worth it. The Seagull came with a case, and I only lost a tele that I never bonded with.

All in all, I'm pleased and looking forward to spending some quality time in the days ahead. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Chiogtr4x likes this.

2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    A LEFTY friend of mine has 3 Seagull's, including a 12 String- I can't play it ( lefty!!) but it sounds great, my buddy loves it. He has had these guitars 15+ years
    His main 6 strings are other makers, but his only 12 is the Seagull ( w/pickup)

3. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Nice wooden guitars made in North America!

Now you have to start listening to Leo Kottke for inspiration.

4. clintj

clintj Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2015
    Idaho
    Very nice! My 12 string is a Seagull too. I subtly tweaked the action to my liking, and have gone through a few sets of strings (Elixir Light PB Nanoweb is my current favorite). Congratulations!

5. The Little Guy

The Little Guy Tele-Meister

May 18, 2014
    Bronte, Texas
    Thanks. It came with a new set of strings, so I've got to do that sometime. Elixirs are intriguing though.

6. clintj

clintj Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2015
    Idaho
    It's really nice only having to change strings every few months on a 12.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.