NAD

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Dennyf, May 14, 2019.

1. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

Sort of. For the third time, I got a Tech21 Trademark 60, this time in the 4x10 configuration.

I used the Trademark 60 for almost 20 years. I sold my last one (1x12), after switching to Fender Pro Jrs., thinking those were the last amp I'd ever need. And while "need" is subjective, one thing the Trademark 60 excels at is consistent tone at any volume. Every tube amp I ever had, master volume or not, had to be cookin' at a certain level to sound good. I kinda missed having an amp with good tone at very low levels, and I'm glad to have that back.

Anyway, wasn't in the market, but this unit popped up on my radar for a really good price, and I couldn't say no. I was intrigued by the 4x10 variant. Without having a 1x12 here to A/B it with, I don't know if there's a significant difference. It basically seems to have the tone I remember and love, and that's all I care about right now. Already sold one Pro Jr., and I'm workin' on selling my other one.

That is all, carry on.

20190514_214734.jpg

2. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I've always been intrigued by those amps, but I've never had a chance to try one. Looks like a nice score.

- D

3. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

It is pretty much as- new except for a couple minor scuffs along the bottom. IIRC, they didn't make this variant very long. Both of my peprevious tm60s were 1x12s. The only definite difference are that this one is taller and heavier.

I'm happy in spite of that. :)

4. Artunes

Artunes Tele-Meister

Nice. I've been gigging with a TM60 1x12 for about four years now. I love it. As you say, it's tone is consistent at any volume. I get a lot of "What is that amp?" from other musicians. I'm not at all ashamed to tell them that it is all analog solid state circuitry, made in the USA. I'd love to hear that 4x10 model. Enjoy.

MyTele.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Dennyf and leftfoot1381 like this.
  5. leftfoot1381

leftfoot1381 TDPRI Member

Never tired one of those but they seem to be well respected and they look nice. Congrats on the new amp!

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Great stuff, congratulations!

7. archtop_fjk

archtop_fjk Tele-Meister

I had a 1x12 Tech 21 Trademark 60 and it was a nice amp. Lightweight, good tones, versatile. The only negative for me was the tone controls, which seemed to be a bit fiddly to dial in. I eventually got the new Blues Cube Artist and sold the Tech 21. Wouldn't mind having one again, but my basement is filling up with gear (e.g. a Lab Series L5 2x12 amp I recently got from a friend)! :eek:

8. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

A while back, I had a Roland BC30 Blues Cube. I don't know how much it has in common with the newer Blues Cubes, but I thought it was a pretty decent amp too. Unfortunately, it developed a voice-coil rub, and instead of replacing the speaker, I sold the amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.