Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NAD Vox AC10C1 with pics

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by lwaun, Jun 27, 2015.

1. lwaun

lwaun Tele-Meister

Sep 8, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Well after 2 months or more of waiting my Vox ac10 arrived this week. I really like this amp. I traded in my Vox ac4c1 which was just a little to thin with very little bass for this new amp and the difference is amazing.

The new AC10 has bass to spare. You have to turn it down whereas the ac4 has none.

I however took out the greenback g10 speaker I put in the ac4 in the ac10. It is really now a thick sounding amp with all the midrange and bass I could want.

The reverb is good too. All in all I like this amp.

But I must admit the layout of the tubes etc in this amp is the weirdest thing I have ever seen in an amp the way they put the power tubes in a separate board far away from the rest of the amp. I did take a pic of the insides. Still really happy with the purchase. Won't miss the AC4 soundwise at all but it sure was cute.
    Here is the amp.

[​IMG]

Here is the insides and notice how they put the power tubes way far away from everything else.

[​IMG]

2. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Aug 6, 2012
    I've been pretty interested in that myself. Smaller than the big brothers yet not too small. Now I'm more interested!
    Congrats.

3. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    Still digging mine too. It's a good sounding amp.

4. lwaun

lwaun Tele-Meister

Sep 8, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Yes it sounds amazing. Lot more tone. Much more like a ac15 than a ac4

5. 52 tele

52 tele Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2008
    U.K.
    Hmmmm,****,I think I'm getting GAS....................

6. lwaun

lwaun Tele-Meister

Sep 8, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Can't believe just how much this amp has warmth and bass compared to the ac4. It seems more warm than my Marshall SL5 and it has a 12 inch speaker. I put the g10 greenback in it as as you can see the chassis seems empty. Could have put a 12 incher in there if they wanted I bet.

[​IMG]

7. CASD57

CASD57 TDPRI Member

May 31, 2015
    Idaho
    That chassis interior pic scares the heck outta me :)

8. xland

xland Tele-Meister

Mar 26, 2015
    Central Illinois
    Congratulations!! I have been very interested in playing through one but my local store doesn't have one in yet. HNAD and enjoy!!!

9. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Friend of Leo's

I am thinking very seriously about getting one of these. I sold my AC4 for the same reasons listed by the OP. Thin sounding, little bass. The AC10C1 seems like a great compromise between the AC4 and an AC15C1 (which I also used to own).

10. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

Aug 19, 2013
    East islip ny
    Congrats iam thinking about geting this amp

11. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Why?

12. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    My favorite Vox dealer didn't have it in stock so it's ordered. I also got a JJ tube set off the Bay which has already arrived...So has the Blue Pup so I'm down at the shop this morning, just checking, and it's back ordered...Don't have an arrival date either.

Just wondering though, for you guys that have them...Does this one come with a cover? I looked around for unboxing info and such but couldn't find an answer. The Vox website doesn't say it's included but neither does it for the AC15 or AC30...both of which have included covers....:confused:

13. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    So...No one can tell me whether or not I'm getting a cover with this thing?...

14. jmparker56

jmparker56 TDPRI Member

Jan 23, 2009
    NC
    I bought one a week ago and it did not. It was already out of box at GC when I got it.

15. therealfindo

therealfindo Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2012
    Germany
    Q. for owners... Is it easy enough to access the speaker cable for putting a Redbox DI in between?

16. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    I just ordered an AC10C1 yesterday. I am looking forward to it!

17. lwaun

lwaun Tele-Meister

Sep 8, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    No cover at all. Mine was in the sealed box and there was no cover.

18. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    Nice little amp for practice. Enough high-mids to cut through a small band. Nice classic rock tones. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1441936811.675165.jpg

19. StormJH1

StormJH1 Tele-Holic

Want one of these badly, but really not in the best position to add another amp right now. Would have to sell several other items. But man, it sounded great both times I tried it at GC. The reverb is a little weird (IMO), and I wish it had an FX loop. But the tones are terrific. As the OP said, this thing has tons of low end. Some people are hung up on the 10" speaker, but not all 10" combos are created equal. Also, despite being one channel, it had a lot of clean headroom, especially with single coils. Don't know if it'll happen in 2 weeks or 2 years, but it's at the top of my (realistic) gear wish list.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.