Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NAD...the final piece

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bftfender, May 12, 2018.

1. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    Well after a winter of amp quest..final piece of the puzzle is here for this years run...Marshall 3203 with 2x12 cab loaded with celestion g12t-75- (matching 2nd cab coming wed)

This thing is a beast.. wanted the jcm800 vibe to pick up right where my jtm45 leaves off for heavier stuff, can run this el34 bugger wide open and it is a killer metal amp..BUT..the best chimey clean i have played in awhile..i mean that bell chiming big fat open chords..for live gigs this year, 3203.jpg will put this on top of the plexi and run 2 heads for dif songs and can really use each amp for its strengths..also love the amp at cranked bedroom playing..just on the threshold of ear bleed but not quite..lol..manageable

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    uriah1, troy2003, SolidSteak and 5 others like this.

2. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    1966b cab. always did well with the gt75, this cab is very good, sounded much bigger than it is and also is not a beamy as some closed 1966b.jpg back, One of the few i have been able to leave on floor and not have to stack. But i did score a vintage 1965b 4x10cab with all original 35 celestions in it, should stack well with this.

2 Headed Goat likes this.

3. ecosse

ecosse Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2011
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up my 3203. Got a good deal on it and a 4x12 with vintage celestions. It changed my mind about an SS preamp. Did you clip the cap (C13?). I did and noticed a big difference in the clean channel. Much bigger bottom end and presence.

Currently waiting on a buddy to finish an offset 2x12 to run it through. I’ll transplant 2 of the G12-80’s into it when it’s finished.

bftfender and Jakedog like this.

4. theripper

theripper TDPRI Member

Nov 11, 2017
    Hauntingmidsville, Illinois
    What is that chicken head knob doing? Is it a mod?

5. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    the guy lost the footswitch so its a toggle channel switcher

6. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    One of my all time favorite Marshalls! And yes, pull the chassis and clip C13. It's a world of difference.

IIRC, there were only between 400-500 of these heads made. They're getting mighty hard to find. I've had several, and really wish I'd kept my last one. Hope I can find another some day.

RodeoTex and bftfender like this.

7. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    on that c13 tip sir, going into the studio today for song #2 and learning this amp...it is really usable..the clean is that big fat open chord sound..was pleasantly surprised by this amp

Jakedog likes this.

8. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I had this cab with the MOSFET head and the "Artist" 1x12 combo very flexible rig, depending on what you were doing you could use the combo, the head and cab or the combo w/ the cab..

Another one of those "should have kept that" but where would you put all this stuff?

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    bftfender and Jakedog like this.

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

10. toomuchfun

toomuchfun Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2014
    NE US
    I have the 4203 combo version with one 12 inch, I agree the clean is as good as I could ask for. Also did the C13 mod. Never was a fan of Marshall reverb so I got a catalinbread spring reverb pedal and it is just what it needed. I see you're from York, I'm down the road in Red Lion.

bftfender likes this.

11. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    just came out of studio with it today...was so surprised..used clean channel dimed on vol and master.tone pots on noon...was the nicest mid marshall punch for the rhythm work,,so natural nasty controllable good clear gain..then used boost channel for 2 solo parts..it retained the same sound as rhythm work but just sustained and cut like mad, was so surprised that it literally was usable as a boost..going to be a great gig amp..we all had a blast in the studio today with a Gibson SGJ and a marshall...ummm..what year is it 1985...sure felt like it

Jakedog likes this.

12. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    added 1965b 4x10 Celestion G10L-35's 3203 stack.jpg

13. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    Marshall cleans are a revelation.

bftfender likes this.

14. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    i got this set up for some of the jcm800 tones in it but you are right..all i been playing is big fat open chords chiming and ringing like crazy..the clean channel on this thing is very good and the 4x10's just made this one very usable gig rig..guitar vol on 5 clean. dime it very natural marshall clear-crunch..flip the boost switch..wow...super sustaining leads to death metal and i dont even play that music but it makes me....

15. ecosse

ecosse Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2011
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    One of these cabs came up locally for $400...I’ll kick myself for not buying it but can’t swing it right now.

bftfender likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.