Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NAD PRRI SE 12"

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by telepraise, Apr 15, 2018.

1. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Meister

Feb 27, 2017
    Palmetto, Florida
    I also have DRRI which I have been dragging back and forth to church twice a week which was getting old (especially since I couldn't turn it up past 2) so I succumbed to to this 12" Princeton which is perfect for this venue. Came stock with a C Rex which I knew I wouldn't have the patience to break in. Tried an Alessandro which I had, great speaker and very loud but missing that sparkle that my Gretsch loves. Settled on another Jensen P12Q, much less efficient so I can turn it up to 4 and get a nice full tone at our low stage volume. Great little amp with that BF Fender tone! IMG_2209.JPG

brookdalebill likes this.

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    It's a looker! Big question....does it fart out bass-wise at any point? My 10" Princeton did, especially with humbuckers. Even with the bass basically dialed out.

I'm hoping a 12" might not be subject to that issue.

3. ladave

ladave Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Congrats. Nice amp...I have the bordeaux version which I think has the same Jenson.

asnarski likes this.

4. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Feb 16, 2016
    TX
    Congrats! I also have a DRRI but have been hankering for a PRRI in addition.

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Cool!
    I greatly prefer 12" speakers.

6. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I have the PRRI Bordeaux Reserve SE with a 12' Jensen P12Q as the stock speaker. It's a good combination. I had thought of switching to a ceramic speaker but this one has gotten better the more I've played it. (Or I have become accustomed to it!)

7. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Meister

May 23, 2005
    Glenview Illinois
    12" is the way to go....Congrats

8. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

Jun 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Don't give up on the CRex. Find time to break it in. I put one in my '71 Princeton (non-reverb) and it is a killer speaker in there.

blakestree likes this.

9. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    It's the amp design that farts.

MilwMark likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.