Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

NAD- Garnet G45TR, any Garnet experts here?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Robster, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Robster

Robster Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2009
    Marietta, GA
    This is one I am working on now. It has a bad speaker. I hooked it to my 2x12 cab and it sounds great, no hum, clean and loud even with my inefficient speakers. Everything works. Having trouble finding any info or pics on this model. Schematics I found call this a bass amp with two 6v6 tubes and pics show it as having the knobs on top. This one uses two 6L6 tubes, two 12au7 and two 12ax7 tubes, thats printed on the chassis too. Its all point to point wired on two very long terminal strips. It cleaned up very nice I think.
    Discovered it has a pull switch on the master volume for a distortion channel which I dont really think sounds that great. Funny that it is unmarked in any way. Bet a lot of people bought this amp and never knew about it.
    Here is a pic
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Tele-Afflicted

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. StephaninMelb

StephaninMelb Banned

Jan 11, 2012
    Melbourne
    I have that Garnet G45TR schematic too. Your amp is definitely a Revolution I G45TR. The bass model is the Garnet Revolution Bass G45B. The schematic must be labelled incorrectly. There is a serial number registry for G45TR owners at

http://www.garnetamps.com/registry.htm

I am thinking the Garnet Revolution III G100TR schematic is the same for the Revolution I as they both have same preamp section and use 6L6GC power section. Also this schematic version has G45TR pencilled in on the preamp page.

http://www.webphix.com/schematic he...m/bargainbin/garnet_g100tr_revolution-III.pdf

5. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Tele-Afflicted

Here's mine and as you described it has the controls top mounted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I swapped out the original Marsland 15" for an Eminence

[​IMG]

DW

6. 5595bassman

5595bassman Tele-Meister

Oct 4, 2009
    Montreal Canada
    I have this Garnet Revolution II. 2 channels.
    Model # G90TR. ( I figured G=Guitar, 90=???,TR=Tremolo Reverb ).
    Power tubes are 2 x 6V6. One extra 12AX7 ( for the extra channel I guess ).
    Single 12" speaker (not the original, I bought it with no speaker in. I think the original used to be Marsland).
    Both Volume knobs have Pull switches for Bright tone.

I never looked inside since everything seems to work properly. Tubes all tested good.

Very nice sound but not as powerful as my 1972 Traynor YGM-3 that has the same speaker.

Attached Files:

7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I'm no expert either, but I love Garnet amps.
    I had both of the aforementioned models.
    Both sounded great clean, or cranked!
    They were both completely non-problematic
    I rented one from HEL Music in Saskatoon when my Vibrolux croaked.
    I drug it all across the Canadian prairies in 1990.
    I'd forgotten how cool they are!

8. Robster

Robster Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2009
    Marietta, GA
    Thanks for the links to the correct schematics! I did not even need them, this one is in great shape other than the speaker. The owner has a vintage Eminenance we are going to put in it and see how that sounds. Thats a cool white Revolution amp If this had 6v6 tubes in it would buy it myself!

9. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 12, 2011
    Snellman MN
    I screwed up and didn't buy a Garnet BTO head about fifteen years ago. It was in Winnipeg for a bit over 300 Canadian.
    I'd made the mistake of bringing my wife in with me or I would'a bought it and told her it was 50 bucks!
    I just haven't seen one for the right price since.

10. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I once saw a Garnett amp in a pawn shop in Wyoming that had a small Hohner logo on it along with the Garnett logo. Did Hohner import them into the US at one time? I wish I'd bought it.

11. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Oct 19, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    I own a Garnet Sessionman. I love it! Still has original Garnet tubes too. Always a good idea to pick up a Garnet when you have the chance.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.