NAD and NCD

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gridlock, Feb 9, 2019.

1. cincyguitarplay

cincyguitarplay Tele-Meister

74 Deluxe Reverb is a great amp....Congrats!!

gridlock likes this.
  2. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Congrats on your new Mark I RI. Nice amps that sound great.

Yes, I love the early Mark Series Boogies. I’ve owned two Mark I RI’s, two Mark IIB’s, and a Mark III. I’ve Recently decided that I’m more of a Marshall and Fender guy and traded my favorite Mark IIB for a vintage Marshall. Happy with the Marshall and the trade deal. If I ever buy another Boogie, it will probably be a vintage Mark I or a Mark IIA.

Cleaning tips:
    Remove all components and hardware from the cab and vacuum out the cab and grill cloth.
    Carefully use a dish soap and water mixture and a soft brush to scrub the tolex. Careful to go light with the soapy water and not to get water on the tube chart or particle board baffle.
    Rinse the tolex with clean water using a damp wet cloth and dry with a shammy or clean towel.
    Scrub, rinse, and dry the Reverb Bag the same way.
    Remove knobs from the front panel of the amp’s chassis and scrub each knob with dish soap using a tooth brush. Rinse and dry.
    Clean the faceplate with soapy water on a damp rag, wipe off soap residue/rinse with clean water on a damp rag and then dry with a soft towel or paper towel.
    Using Navel Jelly coat rusted metal hardware (corners, chassis straps, handle cap ends) and follow the directions to remove rust.
    Reassemble.
    Using contact cement, glue down any tolex tears.
    Use a black Sharpie Marker to touch-up small imperfections in the tolex (none on this amp) and then finally apply a light coat of “Armor All” on the tolex.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    snottyboy likes this.
  3. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Yes, that 74 looks like it's going to be a great amp. I'm no pro, but it appears never to have been worked on to me. Glad you could get the reverb pan replaced and get it cleaned up. Now get those electrolytics done and put a proper speaker in there. Then that thing should sing!

gridlock likes this.
  4. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Probably go to my tech this weekend. Then I need to decide on a speaker. I’m still leaning towards buying an Alessandro speaker. I’ll have to reread your suggestions.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.