Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Nachos Guitars pricing ????

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by TeleFunk Man, Oct 12, 2017.

1. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

Just got an email announcing the new batch of Nachos Teles. Nice guitars, but seriously, the pricing is outrageous:

"The solid body guitars are priced at 5566 euros for EU Clients and $5500 USD for US Customers. Price includes accessories and UPS shipping."
    • These guitars are sold as used merchandise and come without warranty.

Why would someone buy what is essentially a fake Tele for more than the cost of a real Fender Custom Shop Tele??

2. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Well, knowing Nacho's attention to detail, I would bet that these guitars are in a league of their own. I would never pay that much for a telecaster, but for the people who are looking in that price range, I'm sure they would find nacho's guitars worthy of consideration. He's a solid dude and a devotee of the Telecaster.

TeleTown and Piggy Stu like this.

3. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Jul 10, 2005
    Madison WI
    Nacho himself puts them together, right? You are paying for he craftsmanship of a one person shop... I've never played one, but the reviews are generally great. He can charge whatever he wants, that is the free market at work.

A little surprised that Fender hasn't sent a Cease & Desist letter to Nacho. Is the fact that he is selling them as "used guitars" a way around that?

Piggy Stu likes this.

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit

Yeah - well, there are looooaaaaddds of folks who consider a Fender Custom Shop relic a "fake" guitar.

And, though those Nacho guitars are essentially partscasters, he's in a very select and small group that make and sell a guitar that has a following of its own - like Kelly/Carmine St guitars.

Everyone has their own level of both "acceptable" and "desired" .

(BTW - hardly anyone making "relic'ed" guitars - including the Fender Custom Shop and Tom Murphy - has ever nailed "aged nickel/chrome plating."

They don't have the guts.

Why do I say this ? Ask anyone who has played vintage 50's/'60's guitars if they've seen very trashed/heavily played Strats/Tele's etc that still have fairly pristine plating on the parts and the answer will be a universal "Of course/Sure/Plenty".

But - the builders can't leave well enough alone and they over-do it and now, buyers expect it and consider them bad copies if the metal isn't rusted/trashed/weirdly satin-finished.

They are out there but it's rare to see real vintage guitars with plated parts as trashed as some of the stuff coming out of the Custom Shop and other makers.

Big tuna, bparnell57, gitold and 2 others like this.

5. Timo

Timo Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes, the guitars are expensive- but everything I've read about them tells me that they are fantastic (and rare) guitars. A few years ago The ToneQuest Report raved about one they got to try out and they bought it rather than give it back.
    Julian Lage recently bought one. He already had a Danocaster T style and a '54 tele- and I guess he was impressed enough to buy the Natchocaster.
    When they appear on Reverb they sell right away and for about 8000 CDN dollars- so I guess his price of 5500 USD is about right.
    Here's Julian Lage on the Natchocaster:

oldfish, AJ Love and nojazzhere like this.

6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    NICE PLAYIN'.....but the guitar itself sounds just like my 1993 Korean Fender Squier Tele.....yep! just.like.it........

7. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Jul 10, 2005
    Madison WI
    In terms of "Tone" and "Sound" that can be altered significantly based on pickups, Amps, speakers, strings etc

Redd Volkaert will sound more like Redd on my Telecaster than if I spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to sound like Redd.

Julian sounds fantastic in that video, but the tone sounds like any number of Telecasters out there. Ultimately, to me, it is about bonding with a particular guitar and making music with it. In general all Telecasters, by the very nature of design, are very versatile instruments.

moosie and nojazzhere like this.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I just wanted to point out that €5566 = $USD 6593.

Where is he located? I thought he was in Spain.

9. badfish_lewis

badfish_lewis Tele-Meister

Jun 26, 2014
    Toronto
    I'm on that list as well and have long considered pulling the trigger on one. I would much rather buy a Nachocaster than a Fender CS.

By the way, good luck getting one. Everytime I get these emails those things are gone in seconds. Says just how much people want them

moosie, BrandonIke and hdvades like this.

10. tery

tery Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Quality isn't expensive ... its priceless .

wallis222 likes this.

11. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Jul 10, 2005
    Madison WI
    What was that word that was used here on the TDPRI a lot: Unobtanium?

I remember all the hype about Ron Ellis pickups. I bought some, they were great! But were they any better than Don Mare pickups? Not to me... But since I can call Don up and his pickups are readily available, they never got hyped as much or the prices didn't skyrocket as much as Ellis pickups, right?!

I've learned over the years to not buy into the hype. Would I enjoy having a Nacho guitar? Probably! I love guitars in general. Is there anything that owning a Nacho guitar would give my playing that would make up for any deficiencies in my playing ability? I don't believe that for a second.

moosie likes this.

12. BrandonIke

BrandonIke TDPRI Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    Pretty sure his teles are as close to original blackguards as you can get

and yeah ^, If I was going to drop 5-6k on a blackguard like that, I would probably buy a Nacho before going Fender CS

TeleFunk Man likes this.

13. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

Agree with what people are saying and maybe I'm venting somewhat because I certainly couldn't afford a $6000 guitar.

Based on what I see from his website he's got the marketing down pat. Aside from some testimonial and an old ToneQuest report on one model only, there's nothing else there except marketing hype, great photos. I also notice every time I get the email from Nacho and check their site 3/4 of the guitars are already sold. Is that legit or again some great marketing to create pent up demand? Why does he display a guitar model if its already been sold? Their web design guy took the time to insert the sold image on the site?? Weird!

How do Nacho teles compare to other small builders such as Nash who make really great Teles and offer reasonable pricing.

At least Fender Custom Shop relic Teles have a Fender logo and come with a warranty. :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Doug 54 and nojazzhere like this.

14. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

Yeah according to the marketing....he could be using Chinese parts that get relic'd. No idea???

15. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

This is called product placement.

16. BrandonIke

BrandonIke TDPRI Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA

There are literally threads on this exact forum from Nacho owners raving about them, some who also own real 50's blackguards as well.
    So I'm not sure what you are trying to say

Google is your friend..

http://bfy.tw/ESJi

TeleFunk Man likes this.

17. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Man, the OP sure seems to have an axe to grind for some reason. Nacho is a great guy, met him at the NY guitar show some years back, nice , down to earth guitar nerd. He's been nothing but helpful and kind to people on this forum. If he has turned his love for all things telecaster into a profitable business, good for him, great for him. I wish him nothing but continued success.

Ricky D., old wrench, tery and 3 others like this.

18. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Go ahead and buy a few Im sure they are far better than a $1500 kirn barnbuster or a relicd $2500 whitfill. The reason he can charge so much is because of Fender's ridiculous masterbuilt prices. Sorry but anyone paying over $3k for a tele is just throwing money away. And fwiw Im not some bitter guy who cant afford em, I can, I just choose not to be a sucker.

TeleFunk Man likes this.

19. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    People spend exorbitant amounts of money on vehicles and big houses and whatnot, if it makes people happy and they have gotten their money fairly, it doesn't do me any injury if they spend money on something as harmless as a guitar. I actually would not be comfortable driving some of these pricy trucks and stuff I see a lot of people riding around in, I'd rather buy guitar strings and bottled water haha

I have never played a Nacho, but I've had several Fenders and various others. I'm happy with any one of them.

I like my main gigger which is a Fender for sentimental reasons, but it looks worse than any of those relics I see nowadays just from doing a lot of shows. I don't baby it or any of my guitars.

If someone gave me a Nacho, I would really appreciate it because I respect his attention to detail and uncompromising standards regarding the old Fenders. I would promptly put it in rotation and would inevitably nick it up pretty quickly. I do accept donations hint hint

20. warrent

warrent Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Sep 15, 2009
    toronto
    He's charging 20% vat for the European sales so Euro base price 4638

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.