N(O)GD! CV50 with Conversion Neck

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by erix, Jun 17, 2014.

1. erix

erix TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Howdy,
    New to me but is is a 2008.
    [​IMG]
    I have been hoarding parts (all purchase on the 'Bay) since December for a Challenge Build but my work and vacation schedule conspired against me. So I had all the hardware + neck to build a tele but no time - back to the 'Bay...
    I got this loaded body for a great price and decided to put all my parts on it, saving the Squire parts for next year's build!
    [​IMG]
    I modded the Warmoth pick guard for a SD Jazz in nickel, matches the other hardware nicely. Kept the nickel bridge and put a SD Jerry Donahue in. Swapped the pots out to CTS knurled so I could keep the existing knobs (500k vol, 250k tone with .022uF film cap from my box o'junky old radios. Added a 4-way switch and finished the electronics with an electrosocket.
    The neck is a Warmoth 24-3/4" Strat conversion unit - I like the smaller scale and lower string tension - with Sperzel tuners.
    This is a fun guitar to play! I've been playing it more in the last two weeks than I've played my parts-o-caster build from 15 years ago! Although the tuners are stiff and notchy and feel like they are binding, way different than the 15-year old units.
    Love, love, love the Jazz in the neck with the pine body. Big!

2. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Nice Tele! Good job - very well done!

3. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

She's a looker, that's for sure! Vintage pearl on vintage blonde with the natural neck is a very, very nice fit.

4. joeker19lc

joeker19lc TDPRI Member

That is gorgeous! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that neck run you?

5. tomasino

tomasino Tele-Meister

Yea sweet.
    I like how the birdseye maple neck just flows into the pick guard.

I'm considering doing the 24 3/4" mod on a MIM ThinLine.
    Mulling it over... these pics helped.

Thanks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.