Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mystic seafoam or crimson red transparent???

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Mikeinbethesda, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Mikeinbethesda

Mikeinbethesda TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Maryland
    Hi all, I’m in the market for an American Pro tele, and am torn between these two quite different options in terms of color/finish... Curious to know which folks prefer, help me decide! Thanks!

Brucesu likes this.

2. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Meister

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    Mystic seafoam? Does Fender have an adjective dartboard?

ponce, Tezuka27, Mouth and 2 others like this.

3. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Meister

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    Looked them both up. Now I see your dilemma because they're both pretty sweet.

2blue2 likes this.

4. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Any kind of trans red, green or blue is usually always too fakey.
    Don't know what mystic seafoam is.

5. Baldfatguy

Baldfatguy TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Apr 24, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Mystic Seafoam is the way to go. I love mine. The American professional neck has a really comfortable profile as well (I’m partial to maple boards).

richey88 and 2blue2 like this.

6. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Mystic Seafoam! I want want one in the mere future.

7. Aztex

Aztex Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2018
    TUCSON, AZ
    Hmm...

I love classic sea foam but this variety may be too mystic for my tastes....Does it have a sparkle to it or is that the photo?

I'd give that a good once over though!

A

8. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown

9. frankg11

frankg11 Tele-Meister

I Jones for a CAR. Loved it when I finally got it. Some of these colors are just a bit to spacey for me. But the Mystic is nice if it's that or transparent red.

10. 2blue2

2blue2 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    I'm liking the slight metallic shimmer of the Mystic Seafoam but want for a pearl white pick guard to go on it.

But loving the red trans.

11. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    mystic seafoam, by a mile

12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Howdy, and welcome!
    I like the CRT, and the rosewood fingerboard.

13. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Both are great. Natural and butterscotch are also great.

14. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm partial to rosewood, but even if I weren't, on looks alone, I'd pick the red with rosewood and black guard. It looks really classy.

RLee77 likes this.

15. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    I usually go for warm colors like red and orange, but this red I'm not totally sold on (too dark for me), so a vote for mystic seafoam

16. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    I like both of these colors. Prefer rosewood boards and black guards, so that Crimson would probably win for me. I like the Mystic Seafoam too, though. Deep red (Mystic Red) is my favorite, but not an option for you this year.

Do you like a rosewood board or maple is the bigger question, really.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...crimson-transparent-with-rosewood-fingerboard

That said, if I were you, I’d seriously consider Sea Foam Pearl with this HH special edition, then customize your pickups with premium after market choices. And you’ll save $900 to $1000 on the initial puchase! The Mexican Teles are awesome guitars. I like them as much as the USAs. This one, in fact, I like better than the Pro as it has the rib cut on the back which makes it super comfortable to play while sitting. Fender discontinued the rib cut when they changed from the Am Std to the Am Pro. Bad move on their part, in my view.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-special-edition-hh-maple-fingerboard-standard-telecaster/j37951000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXMP&msclkid=07af7cabcbc7159aaee42789d2554f0e&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[ADL] [MF] [Non-Brand] [PLA] [US] [Enhanced] [Shopping] - Manufacturer&utm_term=1100506610517&utm_content=PLA - Product Type&kwid=bingproductads-adid^13788109100-device^t-plaid^1100506610517-sku^J37951000001000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    RLee77 likes this.

17. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2012
    England
    For me, the choice would be an amazing one, but because Fender don't make either available for lefties, but out of the two, the combo of crimson red and rosewood is the way to go.

18. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Meister

Nov 16, 2014
    Albany NY
    Mystic Seafoam over the trans red, no question IMO.

Or regular Seafoam, not only cool but classic.

19. etype

etype Tele-Holic

Sep 23, 2014
    Dallas
    Both are great! It's fun (sea foam) vs classy (CRT). Which adjective would you rather be associated with? Go with that one. I'd go with the CRT and then get a solid black PG for it (why? because I saw this on Ron Kirn's site -- see below).

[​IMG]

DHart and RLee77 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.