Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mysterious unknown amp

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Il Belva, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Italy
    Hi all,
    I've found an unknown (to me) amp in a 2nd hand market for a few bucks:

amp01.jpg amp02.jpg

It's a transistor amp, only clean channel, no effects. I'm not even sure it is a guitar amp.
    It sounds thin with my tele, but nice and Jazzy with an LP.

Anyone knows anyting about it?

2. DOC DYA

DOC DYA Tele-Meister

Oct 4, 2012
    Luçon _ France
    I have never seen such an amp. But from a quick search it seems like it's an italian brand. Since you're in Italy you shoudn't have troubles reading informations from that site:
    http://www.shonner.it/
    Keep us posted

3. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    Mid-80's to early 90's, from the carpet and the speaker grill...beyond that, I got nuthin`...

4. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I'm 90% sure its a guitar amp as it has a master volume (you get distortion by cranking the gain/volume & then backing off the master vol till you get the level desired), not all guitar amps have effects, Most makers still have at least one inexpensive solid state amp set up like this; of course BIDT in the many top of the line amps tube amps were like this esp. from the UK, where trem & reverb were often not offered or were a rarely ordered option.

Having said that it probably dosen't sound very good used in that manner, most of these little amps produce a harsh distortion. Clean it's probably not bad, so run a few pedals in front of it, for your OD & effects, I often use a little multi efx of some type if it's thin with a tele you need to fool with the eq a bit, don't use too much treble; perhaps backing off the tone control of your guitar might help. also the pick output of the Tele in less so, up the volume a bit & back off the master to taste.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.