My wife kills black widow spiders. No, I mean really kills them.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I saw One of those salt guns in the store and couldn’t figure out what it was. Now I know. :lol:

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  2. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Afflicted

Yup. I saw some in a local store... asked an employee... he gave me some info, then I hit the ol' internut. Lo and behold, -just like Tele pickin' YouTube will help ya get schooled!
    Check AMAZON, and the reviews are like testimonials from saved souls at a revival tent.
    Check 'em out.
    (I, too, wish I was the inventor or marketeer or something in the cash chain for these. The well-deserved profits must be rolling in!)
    A year or so ago, I was sitting in a lawn chair telling the wife how I wish there was a gun to shoot flies with... and here it is!

Telecasterless and El Tele Lobo like this.
  3. Zeonoid

Zeonoid Tele-Holic

Thanksfully in the place where I live there are no bitting spiders. 550m sealevel and nearby mountains cause that even mosquitos are small and embarasing here

Nickadermis likes this.
  4. JDC

JDC Tele-Holic

"You just killed a soul"

Can't say much without crossing the line into religious discussion. I'll just say that this statement makes no sense (other than as a guilt trip) and is diametrically opposed to what the Bhagavadgita has to say about the subject.

I haven't seen any spiders, here. Maybe the scorpions keep their numbers down. Except, of course, that one scorpion who tried to keep MY numbers down about a month ago. I, just now, have about most (I hate it when people make up percentagages lol) feeling in the finger where I got stung.

5. Oldgitplayer

Oldgitplayer Tele-Holic

You've provided a vivid image - I'm going to write her in as character in one of my songs.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

Dude, wolf spiders are your friend!

1. They do not build webs.
    2. Their diet consists of pretty much nothing but other insects!

But - I'm the guy that puts the captured bull snake (out west) or a black snake (back east) in my crawl space. My view of these critters is a little different than some folk's....

7. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

^^^^Yes !!!

Hunting spiders, like wolf and jumping spiders, are very good at what they do.

They are kind of like the most type A of spiders.

It drove them crazy to sit around the web all day waiting for something to happen by, so thousands of years ago they decided to go out and just get it.

Much respect.

Leave ‘em to their business...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  8. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

Re: wolf spiders...I had an encounter a couple of years ago that gave me a good start. I was taking the cover off my grill and found a mother wolf with egg sac in tow. She was displeased to say the least--although she didn't bite, I'm sure she would have if she had the chance. She wandered off somewhere and that was that.

Re: black widows...very rare in New England but every once in a while, someone finds one in their bag of grapes. Also, two or three summers ago a northern black widow (Latrodectus variolus) had bitten a kid in a backyard just south of me. The pest control companies were pretty busy after that.

OlRedNeckHippy likes this.
  9. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Found this guy outside our office front door last summer. Notice he is missing a leg.
    The bricks are 2-1/4" tall.
    1533217207778.jpg

10. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

At any rate…his customers are…

Telecasterless likes this.
  11. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Your wife sounds fine to me.

I'm often reminded of how vanilla life in WI is. One person in 30,000 here has seen a bear (maybe). We don't have spiders or snakes or dangerous mammals or anything here. We have chipmunks that burrow in our lawn but not very often. You guys are freaking me out.

This never happened in Wisco.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

If it were me, and my wife had this obsession, I would:

1.. Get her the Bug a-Salt rifle
    2. Discreetly film her in action, with and without the rifle, decimating enemy insects
    3. Edit the footage down for maximum drama
    4. Compose and record some original spaghetti western music to enhance the action and the moments of tension
    5. Give it some epic sounding Spanish or Italian title like Muerte de Arana es una Mujer or Mueren Ocho Patas, Dos Patas Matan
    6. Post it here

Unfortunately, there’s no chance of this in the near future because I’m not married…maybe this is one of the reasons why…so I’m just going to have to live vicariously through TD and his awesome Missus...

RLee77 likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

That bad boy is lucky he didn't show up at our house! I know they are supposed to be harmless, but when my wife sees wigglers with legs, she sees red!

14. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I found this picture of Toto's Mom:

standard_fantastic.jpg

OlRedNeckHippy and Toto'sDad like this.
  15. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yup - Western WA has no killer insects and arachnids (that I know of)
    Most significant bite-experience here - mosquito/itch

When my daughter was very small we greeted bugs by name "hello friendly spider"
    Only after socializing w/ other kids, she shifted to their response pattern and would virtually freak-out in panicked teen-speak (shout)
    I miss those old-days; it was so cute to have her pull me over to see a web and its maker.

Peace - Deeve

16. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

Jeez why kill the poor things, people and their ridiculous spider phobias, senseless!

17. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I use to kill them but my eyesight is so bad now, I would really miss my current wife.

18. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

TD my ex was/is a wonderful gardener. I think they know their chops.
    I also saw a Science film at school that stated there are 10 times as many insects as us on this plant. A few missing here and there,especially on your property, won't harm the planet.
    P.S Hope Toto is doing fine.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

El Tele Lobo and Blue Bill like this.
  20. Toto'sDad

I'm pretty sure that if the farmers can't kill off all the bugs, Momma isn't gong to either. She enjoys the hunt, it's been going on a long time, I am amused. She really is a fantastic gardener AND cook! I have always known and stated, I married way above my paygrade. I'm a lucky man.

I've not mentioned lately that Toto had a serious downturn in health after Bella passed, he wouldn't eat, he's turned fifteen years old which is quite and accomplishment for any dog. I actually had to force feed him peanut butter a few times when he just stopped eating. About a month ago, he seemed to come to grips with the loss of his lifetime pal, and started eating again. He's underweight from what he was, but seems to be fit enough. I took him for his nail trim yesterday, and he only weighed 11.6 pounds. I have had him to the vet and spent quite a lot of money on getting him back going, but the vet tells me, there really is nothing left to do, but let him live out his remaining days. Let me be clear, I didn't mind the expense, he's worth it.

He as you know is my best pal on earth, and I am so thankful for the time that seems to have been extended to us. He gets around good, runs across the yard, and even brought me his little ball yesterday for a toss or two. Toto says high back at you!

Anode100 and Djentleman Dan like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.