Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

My Valley arts Limited edition Larry Carlton

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by axeman3d, Nov 20, 2008.

1. axeman3d

axeman3d TDPRI Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Livingston
    I know its not a fender but anyone have any history and value on this i have had it since 1992 it was made in 91, from the california custom shop hand signed by larry and certificate.

:p

Attached Files:

2. mrothacker

mrothacker Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Asheville
    It is probably only worth about a hundred bucks but I'll give you 150 for it .
    Just kidding !!! I have no idea , but I've got 2 Carlton instructional DVDs and he is playing that guitar in the second one . I thought it was cool to see him play something besides his ES335 and still get a great tone . I would search the web with the model # , or if you you have a login for ebay you can do an advanced search and look at items that bidding has ended on , you might find something there .

3. Jason S

Jason S Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    S.F. Bay Area
    Hey! I'll give you $ 175.00. I saw him play one of those once at a show. It sound pretty good.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. tiktok

tiktok Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 11, 2005
    Seattle
    Nice find!:

http://www.valleyartsguitars.com/guitars.htm

Larry Carlton Custom and Standard models

* Hand Signature (first 100 numbered and signed - sold out in first two days)
    * 7/8 "T" body with 24 3/4", 24 fret neck
    * Mahogany wood
    * Trans Cream
    * Birdseye Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
    * 1 11/16" nut width
    * Chrome Hardware
    * VA/Gotoh tuners
    * Tune-o-matic type with stop tailpiece
    * P-100 pickups
    * Black pickup color
    * Double pickup configuration
    * Volume and Tone 3-way switch controls
    * Black pickguard

***LC Custom had a 7/8 "T" carved top body, white binding and a brownburst paint job

6. Unseen

Unseen Former Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Portland, Oregon
    I'll take it off your hands if you clean my gutters. :twisted:

7. axeman3d

axeman3d TDPRI Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Livingston
    Hi Thanks Guys, my old man bought it back then, i have never managed to find much about them or valley arts, there name seems great from this period then drops with the samick stuff which i think hurt all the original custom shop guitars re sale, then we have the gibbo takeover.

8. octatonic

octatonic Poster Extraordinaire

Someone asked Larry about his Valley Arts guitars at his master class in London on Wednesday night.
    The question was something like "So, Larry, do you still play the Valley Arts guitars?"

His response was "I don't even know where they are anymore.... (pause)... I have people that bury things for me... in the desert..."

:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.