Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My Two Squiers

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by hekawi, Feb 28, 2013.

1. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    absolutely love my Squiers. top notch workmanship, incredible sound, wonderful playability. 2 perfect guitars, and so affordable!....here's my CV Thinline and my Custom with Duncan Designed P90s:

[​IMG]

2. The String King

The String King Tele-Afflicted

Mar 6, 2006
    England.
    What are the p90s like on those? They've always intrigued me. Gibson-esque?

3. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    very. quite versatile. from sweet to nasty and everything in between. love 'em

4. The String King

The String King Tele-Afflicted

Mar 6, 2006
    England.
    Proper p90s then! Interesting.

5. teletubby63

teletubby63 TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Georgia
    I love the thinline,played one at a local music store and I was quite pleased with it!!!

6. Jim72

Jim72 Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2013
    Michigan
    New Squire

moved to new thread

7. Muddslide

Muddslide Tele-Afflicted

Jun 28, 2008
    Gypsy Caravan
    Cool there's finally a thread for Squiers.

I really like those P-90 Customs. Many times I have almost pulled the trigger on one.

8. ronchase

ronchase TDPRI Member

Jan 11, 2012
    I had the black one right down to everything but the guy I bartered for it say he used a fender neck, he did a bad job trying to relic the guitar, the paint instead of looking worn had sandpaper swirls and screwdriver gouges, I painted it light blue satin feeling it would hide imperfections.I will post the burst tele that got the neck then the black guitar now blue with strat neck because I think I got taken on the trade since I gave him a Hofner bass and what he gave me I like but feel it wasn't what he said

Attached Files:

9. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    The blue job - ronchase special

whatever the case the blue Tele job in the pic is really smart , nice job and colour

10. RobG

RobG TDPRI Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Missouri City, Texas
    I'm seriously thinking' about getting the CV Thinline...I haven't seen any negative comments regarding this guitar at all.

11. Gearhead88

Gearhead88 Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2012
    Alberta

That's what I was thinking , last week I went and bought one . Awesome ! so light , sweet tone ! , my new favourite.

I want a CVC too , there's three tele's here now , two of them are Squier classic vibe

[​IMG]

12. RobG

RobG TDPRI Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Missouri City, Texas
    I just placed my order...should arrive in about 5 days. :D

13. plymman

plymman Tele-Meister

Dec 6, 2011
    plymouth uk
    I love my CVC but i'd love to get a thinline too, I've never played one but I'm sure would give me something different. The sad thing is I already have a few guitars I need to sell first.

I can see myself building a collection of CV's over the next year or two, they're just such great guitars and so easy to bond with. I can really see these being sought after in 20 years time just like the early JV's are today. I recently got a MIM strat because it was cheaper than a CV, I've popped some CV 60's pickups in it and it plays and sounds great but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that it's not a CV. Is that crazy?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.