Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

My Twangy Guitar Video

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by picknboogie, Jul 9, 2010.

1. picknboogie

picknboogie TDPRI Member

Watching videos of a youtube channel posted on a thred about Lindy Fralin pickups the other day was a revelation in style & class for me. The video in question came from a channel called "My Twangy Guitar".

I've tried getting back to see these again and found myself locked out. I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me how I can subscribe to this channel, or get an invatation to it. It's understandable that you would have to subscribe to it, as it is an excellent learning tool.

A search on youtube information didn't give me an answer as to how I can get on the subscription list so I'm reaching out to ask for your help. If you'd ever heard me play you'd know how much I need to be a subscriber!

Got my fingers crossed that someone has the answer.......thanks.

2. Jubal81

Jubal81 Tele-Meister

I noticed that, too. I couldn't find an answer, but I remember reading he'd been hassled about copyright issues, so that's my best guess.

3. picknboogie

picknboogie TDPRI Member

Man, I got more out of that video in fifteen minutes than anything I've done ovr the past couple of months! It's increadable how easy that video made it for me to unravel the things that were just qurkie in standard tunning. I hope there's a way to get access to those videos.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

oh man, that guy had a great channel...he has a unique style of playing that was addicting to watch in his motion...maybe he lurks here and can give us the big skinny..

6. Hoodster

Hoodster Tele-Afflicted

+1 -- his vids were AWESOME, as was his playing. This is a real bummer.

7. picknboogie

picknboogie TDPRI Member

Well, if anyone knows how to contact him I'd appreciate a heads up. I'd be willig to subscribe to see his vids, they are so easy to follow and I think his playing is steller.

8. Mark F

Mark F Tele-Meister

The vids are almost all gone (the channel is gone), though i've found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKzuI52V7iE

There's a few others, but nothing like how many video's he had... :(

EDIT:

Having another look, i'm wondering if he's restricted most of the video's before theyre pulled? If he'd been booted off youtube i'd assume there would be nothing left...

9. picknboogie

picknboogie TDPRI Member

All his other work is gone. I left a post asking him to get in touch with me. The guy is an amazing player. The stuff he did in open G was increadablly helpful to me, but I need more!

10. teleman3726

teleman3726 TDPRI Member

Yeah, he helped me too cut through the tedium of having to listen to a solo track over and over again. Too bad. Can't understand the possibility of copyright infringement. The tab companies are ******, I guess.

11. Happy Tele

Happy Tele Tele-Holic

all his videos are still there for me...Maybe hes in Europe? He goes there sometimes it seems from his comments.

here's another great tele player

12. TeleV

TeleV Tele-Meister

13. bamarags2002

bamarags2002 Tele-Meister

I really don't know what u guys are talking about. His channel is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MyTwangyGuitar

Maybe u have to subscribe, I don't know, but I am a subscriber of his on my channel and can watch all of his 100+ videos. I will agree that he is kind of picky though with leaving some videos up for a short time, and pulling things abruptly...

14. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

I'm a subscriber too, but was unable to access this morning,,maybe it's back up...thanks guys,,hope is alive!

Edit: I just went to the channel from the link above...it is alive:grin:

15. Hoodster

Hoodster Tele-Afflicted

Yup, it's back. Cool!

16. Tele-Champ

Tele-Champ Tele-Holic

17. sadams122

sadams122 TDPRI Member

Yup, back up. Just subscribed.

18. Tele-Champ

Tele-Champ Tele-Holic

Just researched my own question on the site there - It's a Chandler body, Warmoth neck. With Fralins.

19. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

It is a Cleveland Browns Tele!

20. picknboogie

picknboogie TDPRI Member

I subscribed tonight. Couldn't get anything for the past couple of days, couldn't subscribe, but I did tonight! This guy amazes me with his clean style and easy to follow camera work. I'm very happy right now.

Isin't that orange Tele s sight for sore eyes! That is one sweet partscaster!

21. Happy Tele

Happy Tele Tele-Holic

yeah that tele is interesting...I would never have thought of those colors but Im jealous because hes got his own thing going. I mean everytime I see an orange Tele im gonna think "Hey, thats a my twangy guitar Tele!" lol

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.