Hello fellow members and builders. I've started a new build this week. In this thread I will post updates and pictures to document my progress. A little background info. This will be a bass guitar for a friend (a wedding present). It will be a maple body and neck with a rosewood fretboard. The body will resemble a Fender Jaguar bass, while the hardware and positioning of the pickup will be similar to a Fender Precision bass. Kind of a mix between the two since I like the classic sound of the precision bass, but I prefer the shape of the Jaguar bass. The finish will most likely be some sort of a natural burst. If I can get satisfactory results on a test piece that is (and if I don't change my mind of course). Unlike my first build, this build will have a pre-slotted fretboard. Feels a bit like cheating but I like the idea of having a perfect "user interface" especially since this will be someone else's guitar. Also, it will save me a lot of time and even money! After making templates I started with the body. Here's the result. While routing the pickup cavity, the bearing of the bit came loose which caused me to accidentally route into the body. I glued a little piece of wood back in but there will be pickguard so it won't be noticeable anyway. I also routed the control cavity but forgot to take a picture (not that interesting anyway). Today I started work on the neck. This time I started with the truss rod channel. Since the blank was perfectly square I was able to use the attachment thingy that came with my router. It worked pretty well. I took many small passes just to be sure. After routing I erased the outline of the neck since it was off by 0.5mm. I then aligned the template with the truss rod channel and attached it to my neck blank using the masking tape and super glue trick. I band sawed and routed the neck without too many problems. Only issue I have is that the bullnose router bit I used had a slightly larger diameter than necessary. But I think (hope!) it will be fine. It is in there pretty snug and the depth is perfect. I'll post an update as soon as I glue on the fretboard.